My dogs are killin me

Fontana XC practice?

Ok. I know on the flier for the race it says DH practice is Saturday. I've never done this race before so I wanted to know if the DH and XC courses overlap and if they will have the XC course open and marked in case anyone wants to run it on Saturday?

Just wanted to get an idea of the course and the climbs before the race. I'll be racing on my 40lb bike with platforms so I wanted to see how hard it will be. I'll be in beginner men.

mtbr member
    they usaully mark xc and dh courses on friday. but yikes! xc on a 40 lb bike! for the most part southridge has short climbs but they're on the steep side. i don't see you pedaling up any of the climbs.

good luck! you rock!

My dogs are killin me
    Ya I guess I'll see if I rock or not...lol. Hmm...so do you know if the courses overlap. Just asking because I don't want to be pissing any DHers off by riding on their runs.

My riding buddy and I went out 2 weeks ago and went up the hill along the wall with all the graffiti and then took a left up some really steep technical climbs. Are those the climbs?

I couldn't even make it up halfway. I bought a pair of clipless pedals and shoes for the race in hopes of getting a little more power. It's the only bike I got so I figured why not try...not planning on placing, just wanted to try a race. My goal is to not finish last!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I bet if they're shuttling the DH on saturday they will just be running the part of the DH course that doesn't overlap the XC course. The XC might be marked by saturday so you shouldn't have too hard a time following it. Just head up along the graffitied wall till you come to an asphault road, head up that to the top and find a trail that heads down the other side.