Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004

From the folks who brought you Beyond Bikes

Apparently a few Beyond bikes employees have split off and opened a new shop http://www.bikebling.com/ They have a store front in Escondido. Since I live in Escondido I hope this will be a good shop with good customer service in case I need something quick however my experiences with BB left me miffed. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a try. I heard there was some drama and some bad feelings between these guys and BB. I hope they have learned by reading the poor reviews posted here. Has anyone been there yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    seriously tho.. wtf is up with BB's customer service? whenever i see my biking buddy (couple times a month), we make jokes about it. act like an employee / customer. write things like "www.beyondgivinga$hit.com".

i mean, for a place to leave that much of a bad impression on you that you crack wise on it while whacking back beer? wtf.

i think they do so much business and the bikes, etc., are guaranteed to sell so they basically don't give a F!.

i haven't been to the new place yet, but i'll check it.
    Last edited by mild beast; 05-12-2008 at 03:38 PM.
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

Team Chilidog!
    Agreed. Beyond Bikes has made me VERY careful about Internet purchases after their $hit. I'm not sure how I could trust someone who was one of the peopel who brought me that headache.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    I have not had a problem with their CS... I seem to get pretty good deals whenever I buy something there. I rarely buy retail though. It is nice to walk into a store and actually FIND the things I want or need. Instead of hearing "we can order that for you, sir. It will take a few days to get it however." If I want something, I want it now. Not in a few days.
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    I have not had a problem with their CS... I seem to get pretty good deals whenever I buy something there. I rarely buy retail though. It is nice to walk into a store and actually FIND the things I want or need. Instead of hearing "we can order that for you, sir. It will take a few days to get it however." If I want something, I want it now. Not in a few days.
    Same here. No problem just good prices and the items I want are almost always in my hand when I leave the store.

ridin' Mary
    Agreed here too. I've been in BB 3 times, and I've been completely ignored each time and I wound up just wandering away. It was as if I was completely transparent or something. I guess if you don't have tatoos and a hat on backwards, then they have no time for you because you aren't "cool". Whatever.

Thanks for warning me that bikebling is a spinoff. That lowers my expectations from the start.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    This is the only "good" quality BB has going for them. I live about a mile from BB and if I want good customer service I will drive a considerable amount to avoid going there. As far as this new shop being a spin off from BB. I certainly hope those guys realize the mistakes BB has been making, and corrects them.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    ....I certainly hope those guys realize the mistakes BB has been making, and corrects them.
    Kerry is involed so I seriously doubt that you will get much of a different experience from this new shop.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNooo
    Agreed here too. I've been in BB 3 times, and I've been completely ignored each time and I wound up just wandering away. It was as if I was completely transparent or something. I guess if you don't have tatoos and a hat on backwards, then they have no time for you because you aren't "cool". Whatever.

Thanks for warning me that bikebling is a spinoff. That lowers my expectations from the start.
    ...or how about the sales people talking to another customer in their Bluetooth headsets and you think they are talking to you.

I'm not allowed in there.... I ride Santa Cruz Bikes!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Boyeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    ...or how about the sales people talking to another customer in their Bluetooth headsets and you think they are talking to you.

I'm not allowed in there.... I ride Santa Cruz Bikes!
    I'm in there all the time buying stuff for my Blur 4x (or my SS or my VPX or my...). IIRC, one of the sales guys has a Blur 4x that he brings in every once in a while.

I go to Beyond frequently and have had nothing but good experiences there. I even got along well with Kerry before he disappeared to start Bike Bling.

I like Beyond because they actually carry gear that I'd buy at reasonable prices and the staff actually ride where I ride using gear that I use. They do most of their sales online or through the phone, so the salespeople quite frequently have conversations going into their headsets while they work with you, but it hasn't been a problem for me. I get what I want and get out without any hassle.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I bought a couple things through Beyond bikes' website and do not have any complaints. The only thing I never understood however is why it would take so long to ship the order. Usually this has taken 4-5 days before something is shipped, whereas most other (online) stores will ship same day.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBlur
    I'm in there all the time buying stuff for my Blur 4x (or my SS or my VPX or my...). IIRC, one of the sales guys has a Blur 4x that he brings in every once in a while.

I go to Beyond frequently and have had nothing but good experiences there. I even got along well with Kerry before he disappeared to start Bike Bling.

I like Beyond because they actually carry gear that I'd buy at reasonable prices and the staff actually ride where I ride using gear that I use. They do most of their sales online or through the phone, so the salespeople quite frequently have conversations going into their headsets while they work with you, but it hasn't been a problem for me. I get what I want and get out without any hassle.
    I like the fact that they do price matching.
    I've spent many thousands of dollars over there.

Best of luck to Kerry!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I didn't really mean to start a bashing thread. It will be nice to have a shop in Escondido. I just hope Kerry learns from his Beyond Bikes dealings. Beyond is a good store now, they learned that they need to pay attention to the walk in customers and be sure to greet them. However their reputation is damaged by word of mouth and the reviews and horror stories posted here. A good reputation is something you can almost never rebuild once it is damaged. I hope Kerry does well and I will visit his shop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I never had a prob with Beyond, I went in there last thursday with a SRAM conversion list, they had everything on my shopping list in stock. Even walked out with a extra set of tires cuz they were on sale.

If Bikebling price matches BB, then I'll shop there since I'm in Escondido too.

I <3 Dirt
    I've never had problems with BB although I never get prompt service - that comment about the headsets was on the money. They always have items in stock, which is a benefit of being a high volume shop. I do miss the days when Taylor worked there and they seemed to care more about the customer.

i can't type the letter s
    Zach and Francessca are top notch at Beyond. The thing is they make most of their money on the phone, hence the Blue Tooth. I just order my stuff on the phone, tell them to set it aside for me and when I'll be in to pick it up. EZ PeaZY.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Zach and Francessca are top notch at Beyond. The thing is they make most of their money on the phone, hence the Blue Tooth. I just order my stuff on the phone, tell them to set it aside for me and when I'll be in to pick it up. EZ PeaZY.

I highly recommend Zach. He is the only person there that i've found helpful. But yeah, I try to avoid BB as much as possible.

Glad to Be Alive
    if I was opening a new shop, I wouldn't say anything about being a spin off of BB....just by all the bad press

all I can say is they treated me right when I was buying my 823's and then warrantied them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Slap happy crappiness
    Kerry was the bane of BB. Thank god he's gone now.
    Zack, Steve, and Mike the mech. are the only guys I'll deal with there.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Zach and Francessca are top notch at Beyond. ....
    I'd second that.

mtbr member
    I dont know what the details are with the CS issues with BeyondBikes? Ive shopped in-store and online and never had any problems. I am tired of going to stores and all they can say is that we can order it for you.I want it NOW not next week.

And regarding shipping I ordered online numerous times from BB and they arrived within 1-2 days.

Sorry to hear some customers had bad experience with them maybe I just keep getting lucky whenever i dealt with them.
    Actually good to know there's a spin off store I just browsed through some items that I need it seems they are a little cheaper already.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I went by Bike Bling today, and it is a cool shop. The customer service was pretty good. Kerry came right out and said hello, and was very friendly. I would suspect good customer service from Kerry, seeing as his lively hood will depend on it.

I will give this shop a try a couple of times to see how they shake out.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    I went by Bike Bling today, and it is a cool shop. The customer service was pretty good. Kerry came right out and said hello, and was very friendly. I would suspect good customer service from Kerry, seeing as his lively hood will depend on it.

I will give this shop a try a couple of times to see how they shake out.
    They may end up being a good shop. But IMO they need to change the name, Bike Bling. Sounds Ghetto to me, I would expect to find some chrome 32's in the front window along with some fuzzy dice. .
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    May 2005
    They may end up being a good shop. But IMO they need to change the name, Bike Bling. Sounds Ghetto to me, I would expect to find some chrome 32's in the front window along with some fuzzy dice. .
    Yes, the name is rubbish, but I will still give them a shot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    .... Sounds Ghetto to me, ...
    He's on 5th ave near center city, he is in the ghetto.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast