Thread: Flightline Drop

mtbr member

Flightline Drop

Just wondering if anybody can do that drop over at flightline?
    peace

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    If I knew where it was, I would do it.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RuNDmC1087
    Just wondering if anybody can do that drop over at flightline?
    peace
    Or if anybody wants to test out the rickety ladder and then drop to flat? Not that I have or will do it, but seen it plenty, but never seen anyone even on that trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Which Drop?

More than one drop out there, which one are you asking about?

mtbr member
    That use to be a 5 footer to a 20 foot tranny. Now its about a 9 footer straight ramp drop to flat ground. I seen some guys eat sh_t pretty bad, there use to be a 2 footer ramp jump on top until the local knuckleheads use the lumber for that 3 foot high skinny ramp with a twisty turn.

The youths that build the stunts need a serious lesson in North Shore engineering.
    Hopefully you guys don't become our future civil engineers or were is big trouble.

mtbr member
    Check out older post on the drop:

Red Devil Trail @ Flightline

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    The new crap built on that trail is a great example of how trails get shut down. Flightline allready has problems with access.
    The kids that built that stuff are morons. They ruined a nice long tranny, the laders are made of the worst wood imaginable, the skinny up the hill flexs just by putting a little weight on and the skinny/jump is just stupid.
    Way to go!!! you ruined the only fun trail at flightline IMO.
    Oh boy nine foot to flat, wowhoo, morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Totally Confused Now

How did they wreck that beautiful tranny? Does the jump point in another direction or something? I'll have to ride over there and take a look. Last time I was there the whole mess had been dumped to the bottom. Only the dirt jumps and the little plastic ramps were left.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    the tranny got ruined because the morons that built that crapp dug away the landing. They dug away the steepest section and left only the very bottom of the old tranny.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Maybe it's not too bad

The original drop is still there if you move to the right of the skinny ramp, but it is reduced to a pretty narrow line and not quite as high. The old cheater line is still there. The old hiker/bikepath rider line is still there on the far right.

The ramp is a little shaky looking but actually feels pretty sturdy. Not something I'm going to launch that's for sure. By any stretch there is no drop to flat unless you take a run at it on your Evil Knievel rocket bike, but as you pointed out the steepest part of the tranny is dug out on the left side.

It won't last long as anything out there that gets built winds up getting jacked up by the 50's or the wanna be sierra club hikers. While I was there some dude was taking a long look at it from all angles, he had no bike so I know he wasn't scoping it out to ride.

mtbr member
    I hiked there yesterday and the first double has a long gap which you have to hit it some speed, I did see the new drop next to the big ramp, and it looks rollable. Not me though, I'm too old for that anymore

I see the old long bridge on the west end by the rip trail got wiped out by the last storm, and now there is a long 6'' wide skinny bridge. This is probably the fifth or sixth bridge washed out by rain storms. Photo of old bridge:
    Attached Images Attached Images