mtbr member
    Dec 2009

First time heading to Hulda park tomorrow... need advice.

Ok, so here's my story; Just started riding about 1 month ago - Purchased a used '05Specialized P2, so before we go any further let me explain I purchased this bike with the intent to wet my feet with DJ. Long story short, I ended up falling in love with AM/XC riding.

Anyway, I ride with a buddy, who got me into the addiction, and after a few trips to Bonelli and some exploring near my home... were heading to Hulda tomorrow morning. As I've come to find out (it only took me one ride to realize) my p2 is not the best bike for the type of riding I’m doing (AM/XC) - but it's all I have for now to feed the addiction - I am already looking into another bike; so that's taken care of.

After a month of riding, I'm pretty fearless - I've yet to fall so that is the major contributor. My climbing is mediocre at best, although I am improving, I’m no where near where I'd like to be. Having said that, the adrenaline from the DH/ST is well worth the pain - don't mind the climb.

With that being said, any suggestions on which trails to ride at Hulda. Not trying to kill myself, at least not yet, but would like something a little exciting

Seeing as this is my first time, can anyone give some good directions to get to the park - I'll be coming from the Beaumont area (10 West).

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I go out there regularly, if you want we can go for a ride and I can show you what I know about the place (it will take about 2 minutes I am not that smart )