Thread: First Time @

mtbr member

... and if we just ... First Time @

Lake Hodges today! Started at the dirt lot on west Bernardo. Im super noob, this was my 3rd ride. It should have been my first LOL. It says its a beginner trail and it was plenty hard for me. We did two loops and the trails there are awsome. Can't wait to try north hodges next monday morning!

mtbr member
    Take the trail up the backside to Bernardo mountain, adds some good cardio and some somewhat tech bits.
    bernardo mountain lake hodges escondido map - Google Maps
    Last edited by socal_jack; 10-10-2011 at 05:21 PM.

mtbr member
    hows the downhill on the mountain? do you start on via rancho pkway by the chevron and storage place and go down and cross the freeway to get the bernardo mt?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyHuynh View Post
    hows the downhill on the mountain? do you start on via rancho pkway by the chevron and storage place and go down and cross the freeway to get the bernardo mt?

that is one way you can do it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Here's the downhill.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I ride there all the time, It has some fun trails. Do you need someone to ride with? Im off work on mondays.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyHuynh View Post
    Yeah just cross on that ped/bike bridge follow main trail to creek crossing, shortly after crossing and going uphill a bit a switchback trail takes off to your right. Just follow lanceuppercut's video(nice vid) in reverse from where it ends at the creek. The downhill is fun as you can see, uphill not so much, get on it plenty early.

Mtb Bill's site is pretty outdated for this ride due to one of the fires (Cedar I think) made the whole area into a moonscape, the entry points for the trail he shows are now wrong and the tree tunnel he shows a picture of up the back is long gone(route is fenced off due to runoff), it's all exposed now but there used to be some nice brush/trees. The upper trail from A to D has been shut down by property owners.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Here's a map from behind the Chevron. The numbers are the mile marks. I would suggest taking the lower trail your first time.

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    Here's a map from behind the Chevron. The numbers are the mile marks. I would suggest taking the lower trail your first time.

[IMG][/IMG]
    i cant see the image.

that video was awsome! that dude (you?) was flying! i dont think im confident enough to go that fast over rock gardens yet. i think you have to go fast to clear them tho right?

thanks for the info i have something to look forward to next time we go there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOPPER View Post
    I ride there all the time, It has some fun trails. Do you need someone to ride with? Im off work on mondays.
    sup man,

at the moment i am a super noob and do not have my own bike.... i know lame right? So everytime I ride its on a friends bike. Usually my coworker. So if he's down im down. lol

ill try to let you know next time we do hodges on a monday morning

mtbr member
    we are guna ride north hodges and possible bernardo mtn on monday at 9am. woo!