mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Firestone in Los Olivos

Hi All!
    I have been trying to get information on going to Firestone to see if they will let me ride the dh hill courses and xc courses. Does anyone know if we can just show up and ride them? I have left 2 messages with the stump grinders who run it and no one has called me back.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hello,
    Mike gets tons of calls and can be slow at getting back. The "former Firestone" now called the Santa Ynez National, is on private land and not just a show and ride place. But, every weekend between now and the National will be busy with trail building/course work and the standing policy is: come work/help out for a few hours and you can ride your brains out in the afternoon. PM me for more info or a phone #. MW
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes, he got back to me today and explained the program. Trail work 8-12, then we can ride until 4pm. I think I may go up and do this especially now that the new downhill course is open. I heard there are 3 scary bridges on it? I would also like to ride the xc course, maybe on Sunday if I still have any energy left. Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Scary? Nahh! Its not so bad. They are wide and pretty flat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Great pics! Thanks!! This gives me a much better idea. I will try and stay on the bridges........and my bike!!