Old Enough to Know Better
    Jan 2004

New question here. Fires in Carbon Canyon & Modjeska?

Does anyone know if the fires reported today (Sat, 9/25) in Carbon Canyon affected the west end of Chino Hills State Park - ie, if we ride there, will we be crunching through the carbon?

And what about the fire reported by Modjeska or Santiago? Has the Santiago Truck Trail been impacted?

Thanks for any info!

Rant: You'd think that with all the time the TV news shows waste on garbage, when an implrtant issue came up like fires near important bike trails came up, they'd dedicate at least ten solid minutes to it!

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa
    Does anyone know if the fires reported today (Sat, 9/25) in Carbon Canyon affected the west end of Chino Hills State Park - ie, if we ride there, will we be crunching through the carbon?

And what about the fire reported by Modjeska or Santiago? Has the Santiago Truck Trail been impacted?

Thanks for any info!

Rant: You'd think that with all the time the TV news shows waste on garbage, when an implrtant issue came up like fires near important bike trails came up, they'd dedicate at least ten solid minutes to it!
    I saw the carbon canyon fire going north on the 57. From what I heard on the news is that it is already contained and it didnt spread far. So I think the rest of CHSP is fine.
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

l337 |31k3r
    It was far from major. I live feet from the Soquel Canyon trailhead. Whenever there is a fire of any size you know it arround here....but when it effects the SP people freak out. I saw no freaking.....

did smell and see a bit of smoke, but that hardly means massive ammounts of all important weeds burnt down.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

_
    Mar 2004
    Regarding the fire along Santiago Canyon Road today, FXRob and I rode Santiago Truck Trail and drove past all of the Fire Trucks and personnel around 8:30 a.m. this morning, the fire appeared to be contained and in NO way afftected the STT. The total area burned didn't appear to be too much, but i could be wrong as I only caught a glimpse of the hillside as we drove back towards the freeway along Santiago Canyon Road.

A side note, it was hot as you know what at 8:45 as we started our ride!!!