View Poll Results: If you saw someone with a holstered handgun, would you say something about it?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, would say something / contact LEO

5 10.64%
  • No, they are within the rights of CA law and not doing anything illegal

42 89.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Firearms on trails (legally)

You're legally entitled to open carry an unloaded handgun in CA, with a loaded magazine next to it. If you saw someone with a holstered gun in the trails, would you say something or contact law enforcement? Remember, it is perfectly legal to do so.

http://www.californiaopencarry.org/faq.html

shred
    Feb 2008
    dont be a *****

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MTN MAN
    dont be a *****
    ???

Geritol Power
    Would not bother me a bit to see more honest folks toting guns. Why should only bad guys carry them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i don't mind it, but some people that do open carry act like ARS WHOLES

mtbr member
    I'd pull my gat and waste him. Poor fool is unloaded. Muhuhu-hahaha!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverex
    i don't mind it, but some people that do open carry act like ARS WHOLES
    Where was that at? Never seen anyone OC in so cal. Having a gun doesn't make someone a more respectable citizen. General rule is, acting like an ass while carrying is just asking for trouble.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    I'd pull my gat and waste him. Poor fool is unloaded. Muhuhu-hahaha!
    If you were a criminal looking to add a gun to your collection, I could see that happening. Doesn't take a split second to load up and return you the favor.

mtbr member
    I support open carry, hope more people would exercise this right. Takes me about 2 seconds from the mag holster to the handgun & cocked!.... just find it hard to find a proper place to carry it without the risk of damaging it when crashing
    67siia
    Yeti 575
    Foes FXR 4X
    WalGoose 29er 1x7

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    I do believe at that place and time, he who has the firearm IS law enforcement!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

San Fran Area

Quote Originally Posted by rallyraid
    Where was that at? Never seen anyone OC in so cal. Having a gun doesn't make someone a more respectable citizen. General rule is, acting like an ass while carrying is just asking for trouble.
    It was up north, in the bay area, acting real tuff in front of a coffee shop. Again I love guns but some people take it to the extreme.

I <3 Dirt
    What Duzitall said +1.

never ender
    You're legally entitled to open carry an unloaded handgun in CA, with a loaded magazine next to it. Remember, it is perfectly legal to do so.
    Except in state parks, most city and county open space areas, where prohibited by city ordinance, on school grounds or college campuses, etc, etc.

Grow up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_weasel
    Except in state parks, most city and county open space areas, where prohibited by city ordinance, on school grounds or college campuses, etc, etc.

Grow up.
    How about you grow up, click the link I posted and stop taking things out of context.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You're legally entitled to open carry an unloaded handgun in CA, with a loaded magazine next to it. If you saw someone with a holstered gun in the trails, would you say something or contact law enforcement? Remember, it is perfectly legal to do so.

http://www.californiaopencarry.org/faq.html
    Your poll could use a couple more possible choices. At the very least, it needs a choice that says: Depends on the circumstances.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Interesting & enlightening, thanks, I was not aware of open carry.I usually carry on long distance auto trips, & always worry about law enforcement confrontation if stopped for any reason.

Paper Street
    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap
    Interesting & enlightening, thanks, I was not aware of open carry.I usually carry on long distance auto trips, & always worry about law enforcement confrontation if stopped for any reason.
    Why is "Law Enforcement Confrontation" your biggest worry? Determine which states have reciprocity with your permit. Then simply read the laws pertaining to concealed carry in the state you are traveling through, abide by them. If you don't have a carry permit then follow the law regarding transporting an unloaded firearm.

mtbr member
    Carry with ultra resposibility and a humble attitude....concealed or not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    Carry with ultra resposibility and a humble attitude....concealed or not.
    I agree! How often do cops harass law abiding citizens? I have been pulled over maybe 5 times in my life, never thought about a firearm issue.

My friend "Not me" carries his in the bag you don't see much of anymore! It's the shoulder bag in the corner of the top tube and seat stay, has a compartment with a inner ammo pouch. Older frames only will accept it! That's what I was told of course.

Stray Bullet
    Why would you need a gun on the trail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Why would you need a gun on the trail?
    Been to some far away, end of the earth spots at night in my time. There are some unsavory people in this world. Bears, cats, don't like the sound of a shot. Never needed it but it's comforting! Trucks full of drunkin idiot's throwing beer cans at you do exist. BTW I love beer.

If you have to ask I "With respect" believe I may have been in more tight situations than you may have. Respectfully.

There are also gun wielding idiots in the outback that feel they own the earth. Again it's comforting.

NOTE. On regular day rides, on basic trails intended for Mtn & hikers my friend does not bring the Beretta 32-auto.
    Last edited by jimbowho; 01-22-2010 at 11:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Wouldn't it more useful to visit Compton or Long Beach and ask residents to voluntarily disarm for peace's sake?

Bikes Bacon and Beer!
    Open carry or concealed carry...who cares? What right do I have to determine another person's need/reason to carry a sidearm? I'm a proponent of survival and being prepared in this world...by every means.
    "Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary,and glory is forever!"
    -Matt Hoffman

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 67siia
    I support open carry, hope more people would exercise this right. Takes me about 2 seconds from the mag holster to the handgun & cocked!.... just find it hard to find a proper place to carry it without the risk of damaging it when crashing
    Shoulder holster maybe. Of course there the problem is sweat for both the gun and the harness plus the camelbak straps are probably in the way.

The problem with crashing with the gun is more likely that the damage will be to the person rather than the gun IMO. Outside of scratches or maybe a broken grip the gun isn't going to be hurt. Carrying it on the hip or behind the back on the other hand invites a bone bruise or worse. Not to mention the chaffing.

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro
    Wouldn't it more useful to visit Compton or Long Beach and ask residents to voluntarily disarm for peace's sake?
    Been in both places at night. Scary and risky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast