pewpewpew Moderator

Fire Closures Santa Monica Mountains

The heat and low humidity have triggered an alert and some closures.

Rustic canyon (sullivan ridge), and road 33 at dirt mulholland,wil roger, etc is all closed.

The state park fire closure hotline is (805)488-8147. I haven't called it yet, just saw some "Closed to the Public - Fire Danger" signs up today.

Just Ride!
    Darn, And my one day to do a long ride. On another note, I hope no one was hurt up in Ventura.

FTM
    Quote Originally Posted by treadheadted
    Do you have numbers for the Angeles, Los Padres, Cleveland and San Bernardino National forests as well? I know that as of about three hours ago, Silverado Canyon was not closed.
    Google works faster than waiting for a response and it doesn't make you look lazy.

FTM
    Quote Originally Posted by treadheadted
    Check my posting history, chum. It's obvious that I don't care what anyone here thinks of me. Then again, one might think of you as lazy for not providing an answer as well, being that you also took some time to post and did not provide those numbers.
    nope
    ok then
    did you click the link
    don't care, I'm not asking for help or information

bye, now

otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004
    Seems as though State owned properties in the Santa Monica's were closed. Sunday morning we were about to try "Bulldog" at Malibu Creek State Park and were warned by the ranger that all trails in the area were closed. So, we went over to Chesebro and were welcomed with open arms. It was very busy, but we got our ride on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SabbathU71
    Seems as though State owned properties in the Santa Monica's were closed. Sunday morning we were about to try "Bulldog" at Malibu Creek State Park and were warned by the ranger that all trails in the area were closed. So, we went over to Chesebro and were welcomed with open arms. It was very busy, but we got our ride on.
    Yeah, there's been times when Sycamore Canyon (Pt Mugu) has been closed in high Santa Ana winds, but Chese (which I guess is NPS) is still open. Of course, it's not like there's a lot left to burn in there For some reason I thought the Malibu Creek area was NPS, though.

Just Ride!
    Went up to Sullivan yesterday. Just an out and back ride and suprised to see a bunch of riders(I normally ride really early in the morning). It was just a perfect day for a ride except for the smell of burnt wood Might head out again today just for the hell of it.