mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Film Crews in Whiting Ranch

So, it's my second ride out on my new bike (Jekyll 1000) and my buddy takes me to Whiting Ranch yesterday. As we climb to the top we quickly notice a bunch of rangers, and fire crews up there milling around. We stop and talk and come to find out, a film crew is doing a re-enactment of the lion attack up on cactus ridge (I think it was cactus ridge- first time not sure). So we ride by slowly and notice a rather large film crew, actors, fake blood, and a huge stuffed cat - not too mention firemen and a helicopter circling overhead. One of the firemen was kind enough to offer their services if we had an accident- to which I said thank you, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Not to interrupt any further, we took off down the ridge. Just thought I'd share.

BTW- has anyone been in Chino Hills State Park recently? I haven't been in there in a long time, but only live 3 miles away from the park. Since I'm getting back into the sport, it's only a matter of time before I head over there. Any thoughts on the conditions? If not, I'll report in short order. Thanks.
    Last edited by SADJ; 07-29-2004 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Ahh the inevitable TV reenactment/dramatization.

I was channel surfing and caught an interview with the female rider that survived.
    Then about 20 minutes into it, I realized I was watching a religious channel, which explained the low budge reenactment that only showed the feet of her friend who was having the tug of war with the lion.
    Buy products mentioned in this post: Roach Motels and Flowbee Hair Cutting System

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SADJ
    So, it's my second ride out on my new bike (Jekyll 1000) and my buddy takes me to Whiting Ranch yesterday. As we climb to the top we quickly notice a bunch of rangers, and fire crews up there milling around. We stop and talk and come to find out, a film crew is doing a re-enactment of the lion attack up on cactus ridge (I think it was cactus ridge- first time not sure). So we ride by slowly and notice a rather large film crew, actors, fake blood, and a huge stuffed cat - not too mention firemen and a helicopter circling overhead. One of the firemen was kind enough to offer their services if we had an accident- to which I said thank you, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Not to interrupt any further, we took off down the ridge. Just thought I'd share.

BTW- has anyone been in Chino Hills State Park recently? I haven't been in there in a long time, but only live 3 miles away from the park. Since I'm getting back into the sport, it's only a matter of time before I head over there. Any thoughts on the conditions? If not, I'll report in short order. Thanks.
    I also live close to Chino Hills Park. I've ridden there a few times in the last month. The trails have all been cleared and the ridding is good. Let me know if your looking for some people to ride with. Me and my buddies are always looking for new riding partners.
    I will be riding today alone. I will be starting from Carbon Canyon Park at 5:30 P.M. I will be parked in the park close to the trail head. Grey truck. Dark Blue Superlight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_mike
    I also live close to Chino Hills Park. I've ridden there a few times in the last month. The trails have all been cleared and the ridding is good. Let me know if your looking for some people to ride with. Me and my buddies are always looking for new riding partners.
    I will be riding today alone. I will be starting from Carbon Canyon Park at 5:30 P.M. I will be parked in the park close to the trail head. Grey truck. Dark Blue Superlight.
    Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride today, (that whole "work" thing gets in the way), but perhaps in the future. I usually ride from the Soquel Canyon entrance as my house is only a couple miles away. Good to hear that things are cleared well. Where do you ride mostly- Raptor ridge, East Fence? Have fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I live in Yorba Linda and work in Brea.
    I ride Chino Hills 3-4 times a week usually going solo. If you are looking for another rider let me know what days you ride. I also do the Fullerton Loop with a couple friends Saturday morning.
    If I'm short on time I run Telegraph to 4 corners and back. Sometimes up North Ridge / Sycamore / Telegraph.
    Last edited by dkr92886; 07-29-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_mike
    I also live close to Chino Hills State Park. Unfortunatley I can't make it tonight, but post some future rides and those that live close can hook up. You can email me through the forum also.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......