Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fargo Street Hill Climb March 06, 2011

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LandSpeed 
#1 ·
The videos on YouTube and all the pictures in the world do no justice in capturing the STEEPNESS of Fargo Street in Los Angeles. At 33% Grade, Fargo Street is the second steepest hill in the USA. According to some, its the third steepest in the world.

Today Kevin and I set out on the annual Fargo Street Hill Climb. It was tough and I managed to climb it 15 times before calling it quits. I think I had 5 to 10 more climbs in me, but I needed to get home.

Links to More Pictures:
Set One
Set Two
Set Three

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. I wish I would have known about the annual climb, or I'd have come out. I drove up and down it not long ago... I'm glad my brakes worked. Does anyone ride a straight line up it? I don't really have a frame of reference for a climb like that. We've got some steep streets out in west LA, too... roscomare rd, encino hills, pacific palisades, and a few others all come to mind. These don't really touch fargo street, though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.