Thread: Fack it's Hot

Jus' Ridin' Along

Fack it's Hot

Donknow 'bout the rest of youse, but it's boilin' up hear in Sprocketville (Silverado). Tried a ride at Northern reserve (Limestone/Lomas Ridge) and justabout fried on the ride back home.
    Might give the coastal stuff a try (LCWP, El Moro, et al) but thinkin' it maybe time to trade pedals for paddles.
    Kayaks rule on Back Bay!
    If ya gotta good tool, build a shed over it

"The most blatant lies are told just after a fishing trip, during a war, and just before an election"

Over the Hill
    It is even hot on the coast. 85 on the water, mucho hot it the canyons and ridges. I plan on having my ride done by 9-10am.

Dean
    Laguna Beach

mtbr member
    ended up riding LCWP and el moro today, it was warmed up by 9am and i was drenched with sweat by 10am at the end of my ride... definately start early if you can...

CAK
    Reign Rider

109 in Santa Clarita Yesterday...

More of the same today
    I'd Kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    It's 31 C (88 F) here in Edmonton today and the higher altitude and arid climate makes it feel even hotter.

I won't even let my daughters out until later in the day when our backyard starts to see some shade and the risk of sunburn and heatstroke is lessened.

This kind of weather means that our riding is getting done in the early am or in the evening when things cool down as it's just too hard on the body to run hard in the sun... our river valley is an excellent place to go to beat the heat as it's always significantly cooler by the river and things are well shaded throughout.

A friend told me of a 28 year old guy who died while riding due to heatstroke last week where we were seeing similar temperatures to what we have today.

Stay cool.
    I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

Just another Homer
    For some reason that I don't know, the heat doesn't bother me. I am aware of heat stroke and I take precautions, but I never really feel that uncomfortable. I do see a slight drop in my riding performance, but I still enjoy riding regardless of how hot it gets. I have noticed some that I ride with have a much harder time with the heat then others.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member

Stupid Stupid

Rode from about 7:30 to 9:30 AM down here in San Diego (Sweetwater). Felt like I was drinking enough, even got back with plenty of water in the camelbak. Knew something was up when I got back home and stepped on the scale before I got in the shower and noticed I was about 6 lbs down from you normal. Sure enough, had a dehyration headache that kicked in about 10:30 and is still lingering on after 6 extra strength tylenol. Need to bring some gatoraide along next time..

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I saw it was 96 out there the other day. Must be fun with no A/C. Maybe Tim can help you install some misters on your patio!

i eat rocks
    Jun 2006
    Left at 6:30 for a local Limekiln loop on Saturday morning (SF Valley) -- all my riding buddies bailed because is was going to be too hot. I just laughed at them.

I have no idea what kind of crack I was smoking that made me think that was a good idea. I was back by 10:30ish, already having powered through 3L of water... it was already over 100 degrees.

I need to get a rack, or make some new friends with big cars so I can get out to the coastal trails. This heat is making my local valley spots very unridable.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    just got back from shuttling San Juan this past Saturday.
    had some trouble before getting on the trail, so didn't hit it until 10-ish

boy was it hot.. definitely in triple digits in some of the open areas.

Just passing through....
    Feels like cross training weather....That or get up really early
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

Jus' Ridin' Along

A/c?

Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa
    I saw it was 96 out there the other day. Must be fun with no A/C. Maybe Tim can help you install some misters on your patio!
    Working just fine here! Why waste water when I can use up fossil fuels?
    If ya gotta good tool, build a shed over it

"The most blatant lies are told just after a fishing trip, during a war, and just before an election"