Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Exploration Trail: Fall Season

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  milehi 
#1 · (Edited)
Haven't been up this trail for a while. Decided to check it out. Still dry but with the leaves changing it is beautiful right now. Just want to share some pics. I must say it is a great short loop ride.

See less See more
#15 ·
If you are concerned about the trail up, take the paved road. You can hammer it ala roadie or grind it out it is the same elevation gain as the trail without the trail obstacles.

Go to the Keller peak fire station lookout also well worth it and where some of the photos are from.

Then after the grind up, great views is the payoff ride down the single track. Good times!

#17 ·
When I was there, we took the road up, but someone later posted that the road is a "death trap" due to speeding cars and blind turns. I didn't think it was that bad, but I have also only been there once . . . .

#19 ·
I'm the one who said it was sketchy to climb the road. Once they lock the gate for the year, the road is fine.

You can link ET with the Rim Nordic course across the highway and do some exploring. Hit up Mike at Wake and wheel in Blue Jay for other unknown singletrack in the area.

#20 ·
You can link ET with the Rim Nordic course across the highway and do some exploring.
Yes I know about that but I am not looking to ride ski area service roads I have rode back and forth up and down Rim Nordic all the way over the Green Valley Lake...nada for the goods. "The Goods" are local single track that every area has the stuff locals like to keep to themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.