viva la v-brakes!

Escape from LA... a couple trails?

I'm in West Hollywood visiting family for Thanksgiving. Can anyone suggest a couple trails, 2-3 hours worth of riding, nearby that I can hit up? I'm not used to big cities. I parked behind a Ford Escape and for the first time "got" the name of that mini-SUV.

Thanks,
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member

Santa Monica Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473
    I'm in West Hollywood visiting family for Thanksgiving. Can anyone suggest a couple trails, 2-3 hours worth of riding, nearby that I can hit up? I'm not used to big cities. I parked behind a Ford Escape and for the first time "got" the name of that mini-SUV.

Thanks,
    Frank,
    I would suggest the Santa Monica Mountains. A lot of fun riding, and some good loops. From Hollywood all you have to do is hop on Sunset Blvd and head west (thats towards teh ocean). There are several rides you can do in that area. You can head up Kenter Canyon, Mandaville/westridge Canyon, or Amalfi. All these trail heads are in Brentwood. A fun ride would be to park at the top of Westridge, ride the fire road up to Mulholland. Then you have some options. You can make a left and go up to Sullivan ridge. From there you can down the Singletracks along the ridge line, or drop into Sullivan Canyon. the bottom of sullivan Canyon will drop you back near your car. You can also drop into Sullivan canyon from the bottom the Camp Jusepho(sp?) area.

These are about 10-12 mile loops

Good luck! Should be good riding weather tomorrow

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    If you're not planning on going too early tomorrow (Friday), I'm thinking of riding from home... up Westridge and down Sullivan Canyon... perhaps a bit more.

viva la v-brakes!
    thanks all, I managed to get up to the Santa Monica mountains to the Westridge trailhead on Friday. That worked out for me since I'm kinda injured right now the easy fire road climbs were nice. I may be going back Sunday, I may be hooking up with an old teammate in the Orange area. Thanks for the info and invite.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.