mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Elfin Forest Race - January 16

Saw this on craigslist:

"It is finally approved and we are all set to go for a cross country mtb race @ Elfin Forrest. I am very excited about having this event at this venue. The race will be held on Saturday January 16th 2010. There are some great trails that we will be using so look forward to another fun event! Please help support this event. Pls go to www.RacersandChasers.com to pre-reg for the winter series. Come out and enjoy with us for all of the family friendly events coming up!

PLS READ VERY IMPORTANT We also have a very important notice from the Elfin Forest rangers that we NEED to abide by!!! The opening paved climb that goes to the top "Cielo" is OFF LIMITS until race day! They have given us special permission to use this route ONLY on race day. Please we are asking you to refrain from riding this as future races will be put in jeopardy if you disobey this request from the park rangers. The rest of the course is open for riding and you can ride the "Cielo" up and down to pre ride the course.
    Online registration is already rocking and off to an amazing start! We appreciate you registering online before the event as it helps us get the races off on time. If you have not yet registered online please do save yourself the time on the morning of Saturday January 16th.
    With all that is going on at this next race we would like to help the local businesses. If you own or know someone that owns a business that could benefit from setting up at our races please notify us ASAP. We are looking for a food vendor, and a bounce house for the kids and even a few volunteers. We would like to support or fellow mountain bikers businesses!
    We are already anticipating an even larger turn out than the last race so we are going to break up the start times and we will also be having a packet pick up at a bike shop. You will be able to pick up your race numbers and packets Friday January 15th. We are doing all of this to insure that ALL riders have a great experience racing at Elfin Forest!
    Whew, with all of that being said, welcome to the New Year, and we look forward to having a great time with you at Elfin Forest.

Robert Herber/Promoter & Dino De L/ Event organizer

www.RacersandChasers.com
    "
    I am not mtbbill - but I wish I was! http://www.mountainbikebill.com/

mtbr member
    test

QOM
    I found some pictures from Racers & Racers at Elfin Forest http://extremepixs.com/index.html?la...target=d6.html

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks! I can't wait for more. $7.00 a piece, sheesh!

mtbr member
    Some cool pics in there. $7bucks for a photo of yourself is plenty fair, too: that/those photographers spent their time and effort on the front end, already. If you find the one you like, opt in or opt out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I think $7 for a pic is fair but there's only one pic of me from a distance and I think they could take it out of the $40 fee. maybe next time i'll go out with with my slr and take pictures for some extra bucks, i'd love to go on a nice hike and spectate. I loved the race though, it was my third race ever and i took second in the sport 19-29 by one second. yeah

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Quote Originally Posted by fjbordson
    I think $7 for a pic is fair but there's only one pic of me from a distance and I think they could take it out of the $40 fee.
    Two different entities. Rather than take it OUT of the $40 fee, they would probably ADD it to the $40 fee.

The promoter makes his money from the entrance fee. the photographer makes his money from the sale of his photos. Plus, he probably paid the promoter a fee to gain access and be the exclusive event photographer.

master blaster

Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

cool pictures

did you fall? knee looks bloody, I almost ate it on that down hill with switch backs heres mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elfin Forest Race - January 16-elfin11.jpg  

master blaster
    yes i fell over a few times actually. funny thing, while climbing uphill on some rocky sections i tried to put a foor down and couldnt clip out and just tipped over. it was my first day with new shoes and the bumpers are alot taller then previous.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.