mtbr member

El Morrow riders...

Have you seen that Gate 8 at fenceline is open? Theres a sign that says "public access sat and sun". Of all the years Ive been riding there Ive never seen this open before or where it goes. I have seen people jump the fence, but I never have for fear of black balling MTB's.

Anyone know of good trails out there? Look like of a ton of fireroad along the cestline, any single track to be had? Looks like you can go back by hwere their building the newport coast homes or towards laguna.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

eat my pantaloons

El Moro...

Quote Originally Posted by wayneosdias
    Have you seen that Gate 8 at fenceline is open? Theres a sign that says "public access sat and sun". Of all the years Ive been riding there Ive never seen this open before or where it goes. I have seen people jump the fence, but I never have for fear of black balling MTB's.

Anyone know of good trails out there? Look like of a ton of fireroad along the cestline, any single track to be had? Looks like you can go back by hwere their building the newport coast homes or towards laguna.

wayne

Yeah, there's some hidden singletracks there. Check mtbbikebill.com for trail maps of where they are - too hard to describe. Lot of brush - wear elbow/knee pads. And watch out for bees - the other week I got stung several times going over a log pile that had a bees nest in it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link, good info there.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR

Over the Hill
    That is Laguna Wilderness Park. http://www.ocparks.com/lagunacoast/
    Yes open on Weekends has been for some time. Best legal single tract is Laguna Ridge Trail (T & A Drop). Maps are usually on a clipboard hanging on the gate.

banned
    Apr 2004

Supposed to open 7 days a week

wayne
    within the next year or two. The rumor has been for the last couple of years, once the 133 is done, they are supposed to move the rangers station north of El Toro road and be open 7 days a week, connecting Limestone Canyon, El Morro Canyon and Irvine park/wilderness area.I hope to live to see shade from that tree.

mtbr member
    Ya I was talking to one of the guys who has mobile home at the trail head next to the school, appearantly the mobile home park lease is up and it probably wont be renewed. I wonder what theyll do w/that area something is definatley up.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR

g c
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ya I was talking to one of the guys who has mobile home at the trail head next to the school, appearantly the mobile home park lease is up and it probably wont be renewed. I wonder what theyll do w/that area something is definatley up.

wayne
    Campground.

jrm
    mtbr member

Yes, go through the gate and go left

And about 1/8 mile up on the right youll come to the trailhead of lizards. The ridge road your speaking of is Bommer Canyon Rd. Also all the trails back there can be found in the OC thomas guide book. They're unnamed butyou can piece your ride together just by knowing where to change direction.