mtbr member

El Moro Poker Ride

Registration is now open for the 2007 El Moro Poker Ride to benfit the Crystal Cove Interpretive Assoc.
    CCIA has been very supportive of mountain biking in El Moro and has done much to support SHARE Mountain Bike Club projects.
    The ride is on May 5th.
    Grand Prize is a KHS Solo-one 29er Single Speed.
    Fat Tire beer is back and we are promising bigger and better hot dogs this year.

To register go to:
    http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1438617

For more information check SHARE's website at
    www.sharemtb.com
    Or email me at RLemonds@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the reminder. We had a good time last year. Expecting a good time this year.

mtbr member
    Something new this year, we're giving a prize for the worst hand. That way there is still hope when you end up with bad cards.
    We'll be giving away another Fat Tire Beer beach cruiser too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Do we drink before or after the ride?

And why is there a $3 processing fee for each item selected? The money's not the issue but $6 in processing fees for the ride and lunch? Kinda pricey? I'd like to just pay when I show. Is that an option. I don't need to be sending any money to ESPN's active.com business. If there's no other option, then so be it.
    Last edited by ehansen007; 04-12-2007 at 01:11 PM.

mtbr member
    The $3 is added by Active.com. That's how they make their money. They process the credit cards and track all the registration for us. I wasn't aware that they were charging an additonal fee for lunch. I'll look into it.

If you sign up the day of the event there is late fee, but if you just go pick up flyer at your LBS you can mail it in without any additional fees. They should be in most local shops by this weekend.

Beer will be served post ride for safety reasons. We don't want to take a chance on spilling any.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks Chopper! Again, not to ***** but it's so weird how you go into register and they only allow you do one "event" at a time and charge $3 processing fee for each? I just don't think, that in my right mind, I can pay a $3 processing fee for a $10 lunch for a hot dog and a beer! I'll just bring my beer jockey helmet instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007
    Thanks Chopper! Again, not to ***** but it's so weird how you go into register and they only allow you do one "event" at a time and charge $3 processing fee for each? I just don't think, that in my right mind, I can pay a $3 processing fee for a $10 lunch for a hot dog and a beer! I'll just bring my beer jockey helmet instead.
    OK - thanks for letting me know. It's fixed. We just had them listed as different events. Sorry about that. They are now lumped together as one event with options. BTW - it's a hot dog and TWO beers. No such thing as ONE beer (unless you're talking to a cop).

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Prizes for worst hand.... Hot dog... two beers..... Yeah, I will be back this year. Too bad the prize for worst hand was not awarded last year- WHEW! I hand one ugly hand!

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm..... now it won't let me register, unless I sign up my child for $5. I don't have a child, what do I now....

mtbr member
    Crap, back to the drawing board.

Actually how about if I just loan you a kid?

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Crap, back to the drawing board.

Actually how about if I just loan you a kid?
    Does he do laundry?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brendancahill
    Hmmm..... now it won't let me register, unless I sign up my child for $5. I don't have a child, what do I now....
    OK - it's fixed (again).

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Got it! Does that make me a SHARE member too?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brendancahill
    Got it! Does that make me a SHARE member too?
    only if you checked that box.