Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    El Moro Poker Ride

    SHARE's El Moro Poker Ride is this Sat. June 10th.
    Top prize for poker hands this year is a $250 gift certificate to The Path Bike Shop with $150 and $100 for 2nd and 3rd.
    There are also over 50 raffle prizes including a full suspension bike from KHS, Jax Bicycle products and Hoss Technical Wear.
    Something new this is year is cold Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium and also their new Skinny Dip beer. New Belgium will be there with all their mechandise including the newly designed Fat Tire jersey.
    This is always a fun non-competitive event for all rider levels.
    For info or to register go to SHARE's website at:

    www.ShareMtb.com

  2. #2
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617
    Hey Chopper. I'll sell you my two beers for $10.00. How many cases are there, 9?
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276
    9? Are you kidding, it's been two days since I picked up the beer.

  4. #4
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617
    Just don't pee back in them ane re cap the bottles like last time....
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

  5. #5
    ss poser
    Reputation: tink bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    406
    pat, not everybody's as disgusting as you!

    chopper, i got 2 big coolers on wheels & a refrigerator hand truck for sat. see ya both then!
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

  6. #6
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617
    HA! You left the meeting quickly on Monday. I didn't say good by.
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

  7. #7
    ss poser
    Reputation: tink bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    406
    you know why i ducked out...
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Thanks Tink

    Registration is through the roof. We'll need as many coolers as we can get.

  9. #9
    right behind ya
    Reputation: Down boy down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    SHARE's El Moro Poker Ride is this Sat. June 10th.
    Top prize for poker hands this year is a $250 gift certificate to The Path Bike Shop with $150 and $100 for 2nd and 3rd.
    There are also over 50 raffle prizes including a full suspension bike from KHS, Jax Bicycle products and Hoss Technical Wear.
    Something new this is year is cold Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium and also their new Skinny Dip beer. New Belgium will be there with all their mechandise including the newly designed Fat Tire jersey.
    This is always a fun non-competitive event for all rider levels.
    For info or to register go to SHARE's website at:

    www.ShareMtb.com
    I'm in
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

  10. #10
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617
    That's what I thought. Geez! See you Saturday!
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

  11. #11
    ss poser
    Reputation: tink bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Registration is through the roof. We'll need as many coolers as we can get.
    i can bring more... let me know
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    40

    Beer

    I forgot to ask, do volunteers get a beer? I don't want to go to the shower stone cold sober (hahah)

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Chelle

    Volunteers get lunch which includes 2 beverages of your choice.
    Maybe you should have said "wedding" shower in that last post?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19
    Chopper, I went to register but the site signed me up for the lunch but not the ride and my friend registered and got the ride but not the lunch.

    In other words, you might want to double up on your expectations.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Sweet Pea

    We have had some problems with the Active.com account but the reports we get let us know what people signed up for. We did have some that just signed up for lunch and I am assuming they will want to do the ride too. Even just counting the registrations that we have received via snail mail, this will be the biggest poker ride we have ever done.
    Send me an email with your name and I'll make sure are signed up for what you want.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Sweet Pea?

    Is that the Sweet Pea from the SHARE night ride? Sorry, I didn't recognize you at first.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19
    Are there other Sweetpeas? Yes, it is I, and my lunchless friend is Linh T.

    We tried to get folks to sign up via www.outdoorsclub.org but so far we're the only two.

  18. #18
    right behind ya
    Reputation: Down boy down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    SHARE's El Moro Poker Ride is this Sat. June 10th.
    Top prize for poker hands this year is a $250 gift certificate to The Path Bike Shop with $150 and $100 for 2nd and 3rd.
    There are also over 50 raffle prizes including a full suspension bike from KHS, Jax Bicycle products and Hoss Technical Wear.
    Something new this is year is cold Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium and also their new Skinny Dip beer. New Belgium will be there with all their mechandise including the newly designed Fat Tire jersey.
    This is always a fun non-competitive event for all rider levels.
    For info or to register go to SHARE's website at:

    www.ShareMtb.com
    What's the thought on how long it may take to complete the ride (hit all "stations"). I have another commitment that day and wondering if i can still do this ride. ANy guidance on trails covered?
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Route to all stations

    If you are familiar with the park this will make sense.
    The quickest way to get to all the checkpoints would be to head down the canyon and pass BFI, go up I Think I Can, head back on Moro Ridge and go down BVD into LCWP. From there go up Emerald and back into El Moro and up to Missing Link. Ride Missing Link to and then Down Elevator and up Slow & Easy, then along Fence Line and out the last gate and up to Ridge Park. Turn left and head along No Name Ridge and down No Dogs. That will get you 6 checkpoints. Number 7 is mobile and could be anywhere at any time. Hopefully you will run into checkpoint #7 along the way.
    You could also eliminate the drop down BVD and save a lot of time and still pick up the minimum 5 cards.
    So, checkpoints are located:
    Bottom of BFI
    Top of I Think I Can
    Bottom of BVD
    Top of Missing Link
    Bottom of Elevator
    Top of Ridge Park
    And Roving

    It could be done in 2 hours at a pretty casual pace.

  20. #20
    right behind ya
    Reputation: Down boy down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    183

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    If you are familiar with the park this will make sense.
    The quickest way to get to all the checkpoints would be to head down the canyon and pass BFI, go up I Think I Can, head back on Moro Ridge and go down BVD into LCWP. From there go up Emerald and back into El Moro and up to Missing Link. Ride Missing Link to and then Down Elevator and up Slow & Easy, then along Fence Line and out the last gate and up to Ridge Park. Turn left and head along No Name Ridge and down No Dogs. That will get you 6 checkpoints. Number 7 is mobile and could be anywhere at any time. Hopefully you will run into checkpoint #7 along the way.
    You could also eliminate the drop down BVD and save a lot of time and still pick up the minimum 5 cards.
    So, checkpoints are located:
    Bottom of BFI
    Top of I Think I Can
    Bottom of BVD
    Top of Missing Link
    Bottom of Elevator
    Top of Ridge Park
    And Roving

    It could be done in 2 hours at a pretty casual pace.
    Good stuff. Yep know that park and those trails. Was not aware would be hitting BVD/ LCWP. Probaby worth the extra time as I seem to recall that being a fun trial . and climbing out of canyon via Emerald so much fun

    Thanks again
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mxpunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11
    well I am glad the Rover was here to see the route you are all taking. I think the Rover will be harder to find now, (insert devilish laugh here)

  22. #22
    right behind ya
    Reputation: Down boy down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    183

    So confused

    Quote Originally Posted by mxpunky
    well I am glad the Rover was here to see the route you are all taking. I think the Rover will be harder to find now, (insert devilish laugh here)
    Rove, huh?
    Who woulda guessed Karl Rove will be riding Poker ride? Thought it was W that was king of the hill


    oh, my bad, you mean this rover
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Rover

    I guess if your looking for CheckPoint #7 you could just sit quietly and listen for the devilish laugh.

  24. #24
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    If you are familiar with the park this will make sense.
    The quickest way to get to all the checkpoints would be to head down the canyon and pass BFI, go up I Think I Can, head back on Moro Ridge and go down BVD into LCWP. From there go up Emerald and back into El Moro and up to Missing Link. Ride Missing Link to and then Down Elevator and up Slow & Easy, then along Fence Line and out the last gate and up to Ridge Park. Turn left and head along No Name Ridge and down No Dogs. That will get you 6 checkpoints. Number 7 is mobile and could be anywhere at any time. Hopefully you will run into checkpoint #7 along the way.
    You could also eliminate the drop down BVD and save a lot of time and still pick up the minimum 5 cards.
    So, checkpoints are located:
    Bottom of BFI
    Top of I Think I Can
    Bottom of BVD
    Top of Missing Link
    Bottom of Elevator
    Top of Ridge Park
    And Roving

    It could be done in 2 hours at a pretty casual pace.
    I'm not familiar with BVD. Where does it join Moro Ridge?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    276

    Bvd

    (official name Old Emerald Falls) is an unsigned single track off Moro Ridge just before the last hump back climb toward the back of the park. My guess is that it is approx. 1/4 mile south of Missing Link. The first section is on State property so getting a sign in place may take some time.
    A few years ago, both parks agreed to open this previously unauthorized trail when Laguna Coast Wilderness Park opened up 7 days a week. That happened last November and they have held true to their word. It is now officially on the map. It is a fun tight single track that is not very technical, except for that one rock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •