The name's Norm...

New question here. El Moro conditions

Hey Guys & girls,
    I'm planning to ride El Moro this coming Saturday and was wondering if the park is 100% open or if there is still closures? Or does anyone have the number to El Moro? Thanks in advance!!! N

a.k.a. MTBMaven

Closed Last Friday

El Morro was close to bikes last Friday. I'd Google El Morro State Park. You'll likely find something.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by maSSpayne
    Hey Guys & girls,
    I'm planning to ride El Moro this coming Saturday and was wondering if the park is 100% open or if there is still closures? Or does anyone have the number to El Moro? Thanks in advance!!! N
    I just called. Its still closed to bikers. The park ranger said to try call on friday.

heres the like for more info

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=644

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

tele#

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo90802
    I just called. Its still closed to bikers. The park ranger said to try call on friday.

heres the like for more info

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=644
    El Moro rangers' telephone number is:

Sometimes it's an answering machine, sometimes live. Last I heard it will be another week.

mtbr member
    According to the news letter from Share

El Moro will be open to mountain biking this Saturday April 23rd. There are still a few areas the park management is concerned about and they are asking that we walk our bikes through those areas. They will be signed. Remember, the only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

El Moro Trail Work
    There are some areas that still need major tread work and brushing in El Moro. Please consider volunteering for trail maintenance on Sat. April 30th from 8am until noon.
    SHARE will provide tools and lunch. Meet at the El Moro visitor's center and plan to ride in. I will try to get parking passes for all volunteers but this is not guaranteed. Bring gloves, sunscreen, hats and a desire to work hard. If you have some loppers/pruners please bring them but be sure to mark them so they can be identified. I will transport them to the worksite for you. Please RSVP to volunteers@sharemtb.com so we have plenty of food for everyone.
    Stephen