Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Negative Rep Points!!!!

Duschebags at BlueJay Campground

I received this email from a freind this weekend:

Hi

I am XXXXX's girlfriend and I just wanted to share an experience we had at Blue Jay campground so you can warn your friends about camping there. My friends and I went up over the Memorial Day weekend and we (Jim, my friend and I) left Sunday. My 2 other friends and their 3 month old baby stayed Sunday night.

I guess a bunch of kids came in and terrorized the campground in the middle of the night. They tore my friends camp apart, burnt their chairs, all of their wood, tore apart all of their kitchen stuff (thank god their bikes were locked up). I guess the terrorists saw the baby bottles in the campsite so they said not to "jump on the tent" to just tear up the camp. The guys beat up the 4 guys in the next camp site and tore down their tent. I guess they were driving through the campground blasting music and terrorizing all of the campers. One of the campers left and called the sheriffs dept but nobody ever came. My friend called at 5 a.m. and when the sheriffs dept finally showed up they basically just made the guys leave. They were on drugs and really drunk. The cops told my friends to never go up there without a gun because this happens a lot. Another camper came up and told my friends that this is the 3rd time that this has happened to him in that campground over the last few years and that he will never go there again.

Just wanted to give you the scoop cause I know you all camp. Who would ever think that you would have to deal w/ that crap while camping. It really sucks.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

banned

Sad. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic

Hi

I am XXXXX's girlfriend and I just wanted to share an experience we had at Blue Jay campground so you can warn your friends about camping there. My friends and I went up over the Memorial Day weekend and we (Jim, my friend and I) left Sunday. My 2 other friends and their 3 month old baby stayed Sunday night.

I guess a bunch of kids came in and terrorized the campground in the middle of the night. They tore my friends camp apart, burnt their chairs, all of their wood, tore apart all of their kitchen stuff (thank god their bikes were locked up). I guess the terrorists saw the baby bottles in the campsite so they said not to "jump on the tent" to just tear up the camp. The guys beat up the 4 guys in the next camp site and tore down their tent. I guess they were driving through the campground blasting music and terrorizing all of the campers. One of the campers left and called the sheriffs dept but nobody ever came. My friend called at 5 a.m. and when the sheriffs dept finally showed up they basically just made the guys leave. They were on drugs and really drunk. The cops told my friends to never go up there without a gun because this happens a lot. Another camper came up and told my friends that this is the 3rd time that this has happened to him in that campground over the last few years and that he will never go there again.

Just wanted to give you the scoop cause I know you all camp. Who would ever think that you would have to deal w/ that crap while camping. It really sucks.
    My family and I were up at Paso Picacho campground Sunday thru Monday and it was eerily quite after dark...I was just waiting for the after 10(pm) rowdies to make all kinds of noise, but it never happened. At least I know (now) not to go to Blue Jay. I guess there are no controls up there like other camping areas. Sad.

Just Ride!
    Destruction of personal property and someone got beaten up but the cops just made the guys leave w/out any arrests? What is this the wild west? Were they the same group of people who terrorized campers in the past(and the cops knew about it)?

Just another Homer
    Hey, I got an idea.

Let's plan a big mtb/camping outing there??? When they come we can introduce them to night riding.You know take them out on the trails and stuff.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

nerfherder

Wild West Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Destruction of personal property and someone got beaten up but the cops just made the guys leave w/out any arrests? What is this the wild west? Were they the same group of people who terrorized campers in the past(and the cops knew about it)?
    Jeez, even the cop told them they should bring guns! Crazy. Must be bad when the cops in California tell you to pack.

Super Fly
    Yeah, they be riding without the lights. Haha

Why aren't you riding????
    909 baby!

stay thirsty, my friends
    They let those f'ers leave just like that? That's pretty h0m0. And then they had the nerve to say "it happens a lot." Well I wonder why if they just let them go. Probably the same punks that keep doing that over and over.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

Why aren't you riding????
    so these drunk, druged out vandals destroy a campground and beat up campers on National forrest.............but get let go by the ranger?

something is missing here.

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheedge
    so these drunk, druged out vandals destroy a campground and beat up campers on National forrest.............but get let go by the ranger?

something is missing here.
    That's my thought.

Either way, I always camp fully loaded. Let me rephrase that. I always camp locked and loaded. I've never had to "show" (and I hope to God that I never have to go that far) since the sound of cocking (enough! ) encouraged them enough to leave.

I'm sorry to hear that kind of terrorizing happens up there.

jrm
    mtbr member

Thats SO focked up..

[To think that you PAY to camp there and the USFS cant even enduer your safety..If they cant ensure your safety then close the focking camping ground down.

I for one would be contacting the USFS regional office with a big a$s BONE to pick..
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

Glad to Be Alive
    pack guns........smells fishy......I don't think cops would tell you that......and arrest would be made for vandalism....period.....sounds really fishy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Jus' Ridin' Along

Upset That sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic

Hi

A few years ago, during an overnight for a SJT trail work project, had some assjacks blaring music and being, well, assjacks.
    Apparently, it had happened b4, so the FS implemented a plan where the gates to the campground are closed and locked by 8pm. You are either locked in or out.
    Those asshats must have been camping there to have accessed the inside of the campground.
    And one must remember: it IS the 909... Valley of the Dirt People.

I suffered a fate this weekend as well: kidnapped and taken to Gooseberry Mesa; forced to ride at inhuman speeds for 3 days in a row (including little crik) and then made to drink copious amounts of Don Julio.
    The horror.... the horror.
    Don't mess with them Sprocketheads, they're vicious!
    If ya gotta good tool, build a shed over it

"The most blatant lies are told just after a fishing trip, during a war, and just before an election"

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Where exactly is Blue Jay campground in So Cal so I know to avoid this place?
    '05 specialized stumpjumper FSR expert

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    It's the campgrounds at the top of San Juan Trail.

Super Fly
    They Kidnapped you guys for 3 days?

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    ..If they cant ensure your safety then close the focking camping ground down.
    Sounds like this situation could be dealt with better, but I don't think we should be encouraging that kind of mindset in our government.

banned
    Where were those "warrior" dudes? Are they truly warriors or just some kids who like playing cowboys and indians?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    If they cant ensure your safety then close the focking camping ground down.
    I agree with that notion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re.../bluejay.shtml

When did the OC become part of the 909?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

blue jay campground

Hey, that was me who wrote that original message re: the campground incident! I sent the email to a few friends to warn them and it ended up here!! Cool!!: Yea, it really sucked--and what sucks more is the fact for 2 days of camping the rangers drove by our camp constantly. Made us put the dogs on a leash twice then they made us move one of our cars cause we had 3 cars on the site. (he said "those are the rules"!!) They told us where to park it THEN they gave us a ticket for not having our adventure pass out!
    They were more concerned about those petty things then the safety of the campers.
    I guess the guys that got beat up left after that so nobody could identify the "terrorists" because my friends never came out of their tent when all of the activity was going on. They had a baby to protect! That is why the cops could not arrest anyone cause there were not any eye witnesses. The whole thing just sucks!! Stick w/ the Lagunas--they are safer!!

oh yea, when my friend orignally google'd Blue Jay Campground there was a review there re: this sort of (*&^ going on in 2003, she assumed that it was old news or we would have never gone there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    They pry came up from elsinore.

Just another Homer

Where???

Quote Originally Posted by hbfrdh1
    It's the campgrounds at the top of San Juan Trail.
    Let's see it's over the Riverside/OC line so that would make it the[SIZE="6"] 951[/SIZE] Valley of the other dirt people!
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken
    Where were those "warrior" dudes? Are they truly warriors or just some kids who like playing cowboys and indians?
    What are you insinuating ?
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey im from Elsinore! Wait a minute come to think of it you are probably right! Its getting scarier out here by the minute.
    "Go that way really, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."
    Charles De Mar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast