Where - Dead Cow trail, Lindero Canyon, Thousand Oaks, CA
    Event 3 - Date to be decided
    Where - Suicide Trail, Lindero Canyon, Thousand Oaks, CA
    Event Final - May 2nd
    Where - Idyllwild Spring Challenge Super D race, Idyllwild, CA
    This is a national sanctioned event, and does carry a $25 entry fee
    5.25 mile course, nearly 1400 feet of descent
    Course record around 40 minutes
    See www.idyllwildcycling.com for more details.
    Meeting at Moorpark trailhead, at the end of Moorpark road, 9.00am
    As a group, we will make our way up to the first summit on Los Robles trail.
    Le Mans style start, a short run to the Unicycles, mount and go.
    Trail length is around 2 miles, semi technical, cross country trail.
    Drops around 700 feet.
    Mild contact is acceptable during overtaking
    Please try not to punch while passing other riders
    Please respect all other trail users. I very much doubt that the 5 miles an hour speeds we reach on one wheel will create havoc on these public trails, but you never know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Check out our facebook page, for furhter updates.

Glad to Be Alive
    sorry but having a race on an illegal trail and posting about it is really really stupid
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

U $ 4 O?
    "Mild contact is acceptable during overtaking
    Please try not to punch while passing other riders
    Please respect all other trail users. I very much doubt that the 5 miles an hour speeds we reach on one wheel will create havoc on these public trails, but you never know."

Some funny pictures running thru my head, that's gonna get hairy.
    The trail is so narrow, how may uni's?

U $ 4 O?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sorry but having a race on an illegal trail and posting about it is really really stupid
    Which part of the Los Robles trail is illegal?

I know that the Ventu fireroad is off limits, that woman who owns it is ruthless. In my brief conversation with her, a ong time ago, she told me the spots to access the trail. I could tell she must have dealt with A LOT of *******s.

Hope it's not these uni's that are causing her grief cause if she ever decides to not let us cross the trail thru her land..

Equal opportunity meanie
    Suicide is not legal top to bottom.

Professional Troll
    Jesus christ people are retarded.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    Jesus christ people are retarded.
    very very
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

U $ 4 O?

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Suicide is not legal top to bottom.
    Didn't read thru all the events... Mild contact huh

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Due to outside pressure, and UCI investigation, we have decided to remove event 3 from the schedule.

We were not aware of the ramifications of suggesting such an event on a trail that was not obviously legal.

However, under no circumstances did I mean to bring concern and alarm by suggesting to the downhill unicyclists in the LA area to convene at this location.

I would also like to address the fears that we may be adding to the access issues on the Los Robles trail, where it crosses upper Ventu Park road. The part of the trail that will be used is not crossing that section.

For anyone who has not seen this particular activity, please be assured that :-

Speeds are low, around 5mph on a smooth track
    Numbers are low, how many downhill unicyclists do you think exist in the world, let alone in the valley
    Impact is low, unicycles don't skid,
    Every, and I mean every trail user I have ever met when on the uni is truly amazed and excited when we encounter them on the trail. The slow speeds and grins that we can't remove, only disipate the angst that is prevelant in this crowded neighborhood we call LA/Ventura county.

While you may not agree with pioneering activities that go against the grain, I don't believe that anyone would be inconvenienced by this activity, and that only fun and entertainment can come from it happening.

If Charlie Kelly and Gary Fisher had not pushed the boundaries all those years ago, then none of us would have the stress outlets that we call mountain bikes today.

Hope to see you all out there, you have 2 weeks to learn how to ride without your unnecessary extra wheel !

U $ 4 O?
    any footage of uni's trying to pass each other?

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Father_Iain
    I don't believe that anyone would be inconvenienced by this activity, and that only fun and entertainment can come from it happening
    You're probably 100% right and I would LOVE to see this happen, I bet it'd be entertaining. Unfortunately our wonderful gov't and local homeowners would NOT love to see this happen. Many groups interested in closing all trails to MTB's patrol these boards so it's best to keep info like this to word of mouth

U $ 4 O?
    Quote Originally Posted by Father_Iain
    Every, and I mean every trail user I have ever met when on the uni is truly amazed and excited when we encounter them on the trail. The slow speeds and grins that we can't remove, only disipate the angst that is prevelant in this crowded neighborhood we call LA/Ventura county.
    I believe it. These guys look like they're having a great time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhf_S1jzSGQ

tried to find some race action but gave up after 5 minutes..

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Video footage from this weekends downhill unicycle event

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Thanks for posting video!

I would love to find the person who has a negative reaction to this - it would be a sure sign that they under the control of Satan (or at least cannot find any joy in life). And I agree that if the entry requirement is the ability to ride a unicycle down a rutted trail then we don't have to worry about participants flooding the hills! Mostly what I feel is: "I wish I could do that!:

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    link to facebook page?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Here's the link to our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134264159788#!/pages/Conejo-Unicycling-Team/162453282312

There is a re-edited version of the race video. Footage flows a little better and I added some text.

Thank so much for the positive feedback on the event. We had nothing but happy faces all round on Saturday. Obvious to see the participant's joy, but also spectators, hikers and bikers, all stopped and gave encouragement.