"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

Does anybody know if a femal Niner sponsored rider

is local to San Diego or in town this weekend training?

Just curious. I was out at Sycamore Canyon yesterday and was taking a breather at the gate heading towards Martha's when a very small female rider looking like she knew her way around a bike came towards the gate from the Goodan Ranch side at a more than leisurely pace.

Several things just made me think she was more than a casual rider.

1) most obvious to me anyway, she was riding alone. Most women I know who do ride typically ride with their significant others or in groups vs. alone

2) she just looked like she could ride. I just got the impression she was not out for a casual Sunday ride but that she had a purpose

3) she looked like she was riding a carbon HardTail. Most casual, recreational riders don't ride hardtails, let alone ones made out of Carbon with 29" wheels. to ride this bike would indicate purpose and racing vs. recreational riding (granted, I ride a Yeti ARC HT and haven't raced in years but you get my point!)

To be honest, I can't recall if she was wearing a Niner Jersey but she may have been. I really just didn't look.

I can't claim with any certainty that this was her: http://www.ninerbikes.com/fly.aspx?l...ster_taxid=255

but it could be.

Anybody know?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Perhaps you might try the "missed connections" sections on craigslist........: )

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've raced with her before but never seen her at any where but races.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara
    Perhaps you might try the "missed connections" sections on craigslist........: )
    Happily married. I'd be much more of a casual encounters section right now..... ;-)

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    what's a femal?
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Likely Tommawicki She's training (I BELIEVE) for Xterra and endurance events. Awesome rider and person!

Flaccid Member
    Could be Padre's wife, too? Don't know if she's still with Niner or not, but she was for quite a while.

not so 1337 mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    While parking at the lot in Santee, I saw a girl riding solo pull up and put her bike in her car. I think the car was some type of hatchback. Shes the only girl ive seen riding around on a trail the few times Ive been out riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Tomawiki is the rider you all are seeing. She is super nice and an incredible athlete.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Howeler
    what's a femal?

I think its a bone in the leg.