Thread: The Dirty Dozen

Negative Rep Points!!!!

The Dirty Dozen

We started out with 12 riders and then immediately splintered into two groups as the weenies didn't want to start their climb in the techno rocky stuff. Many of the riders were Noble Virgins.

They took the road up, we took the chunk up. We regrouped at the Big Oak tree.

It was cold yesterday..a winterlike storm was blowing in fast. Temps were chilly up top at 6000 feet, but nice and balmy once we got down to the desert.

Good times had by all. No major carnage and no flats!

Fin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Sober for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    We started out with 12 riders and then immediately splintered into two groups as the weenies didn't want to start their climb in the techno rocky stuff. Many of the riders were Noble Virgins.

It was cold yesterday..a winterlike storm was blowing in fast. Temps were chilly up top at 6000 feet, but nice and balmy once we got down to the desert.

Fin.
    Aqua, when's the next time you guys are hitting up noble? I'm new to SD and want to experience the canyon. Thursdays and Saturdays are usually good.
    And I don't mind climbing the chunk also.
    I'll "earn my way down" ...

cask conditioned
    What a great ride yesterday. Today I feel simutaneously euphoric and dead. Long live the chunk!
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member

Fin.

Great ride yesterday, i'll definitely be down there again!!!

Next time though, an earlier start would be most ideal in order to check out more of the trails in the area.

Thanx for showing us around down there, Aquaholic

mtbr member
    May 2005

Good job!

Great shot of endo verendo, I think everyone was wearing that ear to ear grin at some point.Know I was.

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Endo on the Waterfall

Speaking of unreal shots of Endo...here's Endo cleaning the Waterfall on his first attempt! Un F'n Real!!!!

BJammin: I'll see about getting you a pass for Noble. They don't come cheap.

Krany Kiwi: You were on fire yesterday, dude!

Glad you peeps had a good time! It's always a treat to see Noble through the eyes of a first timer. You guys were fun to ride with!
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 12-27-2005 at 08:37 PM.

cask conditioned
    Speaking of unreal shots of Endo...here's Endo cleaning the Waterfall on his first attempt! Un F'n Real!!!!
    Just doing what I do best!

where are we eating?

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

that's kind of like asking

Quote Originally Posted by bjammin
    Aqua, when's the next time you guys are hitting up noble? I'm new to SD and want to experience the canyon. Thursdays and Saturdays are usually good.
    And I don't mind climbing the chunk also.
    I'll "earn my way down" ...
    somebody when the next time they're planning on taking a cr@p will be................

My guess is Saturday probably at 8:00 and if there's no SJT ride planned for Sunday the next time will probably be Sunday at 8:00..........

mtbr member

Newbie question

Is the Waterfall on the Noble? According to Winston's video it's on "Pinball", so Pinball is a section of Noble?
    Last edited by pacman; 12-27-2005 at 10:59 PM. Reason: thinking about another trail

yes

Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Is the Waterfall on the San Juan Trail? According to Winston's video it's on "Pinball", so Pinball is a section of SJT??
    the Waterfall is on the climb up IC from the fireroad up to Champagne Pass. technically speaking, Pinball is on the backside dropping down Champagne pass to Noble. AT least I think. the Noble Master will speak up and whip me like a rabid dog if I'm mistaken......

YR

the pictures don't tell the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by endo verendo
    Just doing what I do best!
    that rock is awfully loose. it'd be really easy to loose your footing and slip and fall. I've done it! ;-)

YR

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    the Waterfall is on the climb up IC from the fireroad up to Champagne Pass. technically speaking, Pinball is on the backside dropping down Champagne pass to Noble. AT least I think. the Noble Master will speak up and whip me like a rabid dog if I'm mistaken......

YR
    I don't mean to speak for the master, but... The waterfall is not too far from the beginning of the Indian Creek climb. You'd contiune past the waterfall and after leaving a lung behind you'd get to Pinball. It's the dh section of IC right before you climb up to Champagne Pass.

where are we eating?

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Pinball

I don't mean to speak for the master, but... The waterfall is not too far from the beginning of the Indian Creek climb. You'd continue past the waterfall and after leaving a lung behind you'd get to Pinball. It's the dh section of IC right before you climb up to Champagne Pass.

Close.
    At Champagne Pass, you can either go left (Pioneer Mail Trail), or you can head straight(down). That chunky, loose, flat inducing, eye blurring, descent is "Pinball".

If you make it to the creek bed at the bottom, with all of your fillings intact, consider youself lucky.

From there, it's back to work, climbing out to the Noble intersection.

only one lung?

You'd contiune past the waterfall and after leaving a lung behind Pass.
    you're in excellent shape then!

YR

Negative Rep Points!!!!

And speaking of...

....the Noble Canyon intersection, czech out these pics.

A week after the big fire, and a recent pic.
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 12-28-2005 at 07:25 AM.

Negative Rep Points!!!!

New Year's Resolution for YetiRider

hmmmmmmmm

we'll see.................

Can't we just call this good?

YR
    Last edited by Yeti_Rider; 12-28-2005 at 05:43 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics..............
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Fin.
    This was my second time to Noble, but never tried climbing Extra Credit (lower Noble) before. Very challenging to say the least. Also didn't do Pinball last time, which was excellent. Plus the entire ride was much more enjoyable due to better weather (much cooler than last time) and a great group. Thanks to Steve and friends for the guide service. Hope to see you in OC at some point.

-Pete

Sober for now...

BJammin: I'll see about getting you a pass for Noble. They don't come cheap.

Krany Kiwi: You were on fire yesterday, dude!

Glad you peeps had a good time! It's always a treat to see Noble through the eyes of a first timer. You guys were fun to ride with!
    Pass???

banned

Adventure Pass

Quote Originally Posted by bjammin
    Pass???
    Yeah, AH is quite the altruist...he hands out free Adventure Passes to all who ride with him. How else would he be able to con unsuspecting riders into riding Noble...in reverse!

mtbr member

free

Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    Yeah, AH is quite the altruist...he hands out free Adventure Passes to all who ride with him. How else would he be able to con unsuspecting riders into riding Noble...in reverse!
    I hope FoShizzle's listening.

Sober for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    nice...
    That's ok, from the photos, it definitly looks to be worth it!

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Kiosk

The free adventure pass is merely a rumor. Most likely started by that knucklehead Toe Putzzle.

Just look for the kiosks, which are located on Noble and place $$ in the box provided.