mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Directions to Meadows from Top of The World?

Does anyone happen to know which streets you take from Top of The World Park to get to the beginning of Meadows when going through the housing tract?

It has been so long since I did that loop that the last time I went to find it I totally drew a blank.

Thanks all!

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT Fan
    Does anyone happen to know which streets you take from Top of The World Park to get to the beginning of Meadows when going through the housing tract?

It has been so long since I did that loop that the last time I went to find it I totally drew a blank.

Thanks all!
    From TOW, go straight onto the road (Alta Laguna) and follow it straight through almost till the end. Just after Alta Laguna starts to make a somewhat sharp left turn at the end there's a trail off to the right side of the road. You'll see some eucalyptus trees along the trail. Take that trail down to the bottom and you'll hit another paved road. Make a right on that and take in to the sign post/benches. Meadows starts there, to the left.

mtbr member
    stay on alta lguna untill the road narrows into a private drive and the trail goess off to your right. If you still can't find it do it in reverse and climb it. Its more fun that way.
    Warrior's Society > WarriorsSociety.org
    Team Sho-Air > Team-shoair.com
    Coolest LBS > Switchbackcylery.com
    Socal Riders Unite > Socaltrailriders.org

nerfherder
    This may help.

http://www.geoladders.com/gps_route_...p?route_id=127

You can zoom in on the road part between TOW and the trail that goes off to the right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrider101
    If you still can't find it do it in reverse and climb it. Its more fun that way.
    I agree. I prefer it as an up. It ho-hum as a down. The fun part is going up without putting a foot down, especially when others are descending.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I agree - going down Meadows isn't all that challenging. I typically use that route just to extend the ride. My plan for tomorrow was going to be up Colla, down Rock-It, through Coyote, up Mathis, up the ridge to Top of the World, down Meadows, through dripping cave & coyote, climb back up to the park and head home (or to wahoos perhaps).

But now it's raining so if it stops today I'll just do Santiago Truck Trail > Old Camp > Luge over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the directions!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Meadows is repeat worthy!!!! Last time I was up there, I had a guy in the group that riden aliso for over 5 yrs and never knew about Meadows. He had a smile from ear to ear at the bottom.