mtbr member
    Dec 2007

DHing Southridge without a shuttle?

I'm new to Southridge and would like to start practicing on the race course there.

What is the best way up to the top without the use of a shuttle? Meaning, using my two legs (ride what I can, hiking the rest).

And does the race course start at the water tower?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just ride or hike to the top. The start is between the two Big Rig Tire size boulders about 200ft or so above the water tower at the top of the paved fire road.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    There are also a bunch of trails traversing the area, so you'll have to come up with your own routes. There isn't anything set.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the response

Isn't there a service road that leads from the neighborhood to the water tower? Would that be a good way to get up there quickly?

Dirt Hippie
    Not sure what you're asking you mean the paved road from the cul-de-sac or a back way in? The gate there is always shut so the quickest way is just park it end of cul-de-sac and ride/hike up the paved road around the gate to the tank takes just a few minutes? Few of us will be there Monday afternoon if you want to join. We always start off at the 4X track so go to the park first we park up in the dirt lot by the track. Noonish. It's a weekly thing we do different days but you're always welcome.
    Sounds like you've been but directions to cul-de-sac anyways: (or just ride up from the park)
    To the cul-de-sac for DH from (Southridge Park)Live Oak head south on Cherry to the first street make a left onto Canyon Crest Drive. Past the first stop sign you'll come to Long View Drive go left to the very end of the cul-de-sac and we park there.
    Last edited by *Sharky*; 12-13-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    INCYCLE

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    bkrshark-

Yeah, thats what I meant, I just wanted to make sure it was cool to go up the paved road and it was a quickest way up to the top.

I've never actually ridden Southridge so I just wanted to make sure I know where to go.

I'll be out there on the weekends and only until the end of the year when I get some time off and I'll be there during the week sometime.

I just want to get my skills back up after taking some years off of riding before getting back into racing.

Thanks for the help.