dnt b a clwn thro it down

DH/FR riding in Socal (805)

Hello all.... so here's the deal. I am getting a new bike in a couple weeks, but most of my friends that I used to ride with just aren't into it that much any more. So if any of you people ever want someone to ride some DH/FR stuff email or aim me. I am in the Simi Valley area.

peace

out of control only 25%
    I dont know where Simi Valley is, but i ride a freeride bike. Im in Whittier.

I have no idea where that is. I am within an hour of L.A.

Are you gonna eat that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    I have no idea where that is. I am within an hour of L.A.
    I think Bike Attack (local bike shop here in Venice) organises DH runs, have a look at http://www.bikeattack.com

Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Swoop - Send a message to OCTO on www.socalmtb.com - he's a DH'er in Simi and always up for riding. He usually rides Rocky Peak (G-Spot) several times a week. I'd go, but I'm an XC rider in Simi and enjoy pedaling uphill.

sorry is exact handle is OCTOMAN

mtbr member

first timer

hey Gmoney, i just rode rockyPeak for the first time on sunday, pretty cool ride. lots of rocks and wind tho! isnt hummingbird the dh trail there?
    i guess we rode chumash, parked the next exit down from the entrance, rode the pavement up a coupla miles, entered the park and up we went. after riding fireroad down a little there was a ST drop-in to the left. rode that down to a neighborhood then veered left up an asphalt trail that led to a dirt trail back to the car. is that the best loop up there? we saw some riders coming up from different directions also. thanks for the info! scott

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Scott - there are several trails that branch off of the Rocky Peak Fire Road.
    1. Chumash - the start is located off of Yosemite where Flannagan(sp?) ends. From the fireroad it branches toward the Simi side.
    2. Hummingbird, which you found is .8 mile up from the Rocky Peak Parking lot right off the 118/ Santa Susana Pass and it too descends to the Simi side.
    3. Johnson Motorway - If you continue on the Rocky Peak fire road about 1.5 miles past Hummingbird there is another Singletrack trail that leads to the Chatsworth side. It's very fun and about the same length as Chumash.
    4. G-Spot - this is still not a legal trail as far as I know ...(edited as illegal)

5. Las Llajas - This is a fire road that traces the base of the canyon and then heads uphill to the right and connects with the Rocky Peak fire road just north of the top of Chumash. You can access las llajas by heading up Yosemite, make a right onto Evening Sky (right where there's an island and a big Oak Tree in the center of the road. The trail start on the left side of the street with a sign that says Marr Ranch Open Space or something similar.

I ride this about 3-4 times a week in the afternoon/evenings if you ever want to hit up a loop. Usually leave my house around 4:45pm - 5:00pm (with lights now).

G
    Last edited by Impy; 05-15-2008 at 08:17 AM.

mtbr member

thanks for the info

i work nites, so i ride in the mornings, thanks for the invite tho. is there a map of the area? it would be nice to see an overview of all those trails! do you ride g-spot and hummingbird or are they strictly DH runs? which loop is your favorite? scott

G-spot is closed someone messed it up and no one goes on it anymore. All the lips are jacked and everything is messed up it sucks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    that would make sense, Octo said he was doing trail work on it just after the rain.

as far as people riding it - I do see people pushing their rigs up Rocky Peak to G all the time still.