NC Rider

Decent Rides / Bike Rentals in Santa Monica

I'm going to be in Santa Monica for business a few days next week. Any suggestions on trails convenient to that area? I'm hoping to find something with good elevation change and decent views. How about a shop that would rent out decent rigs for a day or two? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Check here for routes:
    http://www.geoladders.com/routes.php...0Monica%20Mtns

Not sure about rentals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Y
    I'm going to be in Santa Monica for business a few days next week. Any suggestions on trails convenient to that area? I'm hoping to find something with good elevation change and decent views. How about a shop that would rent out decent rigs for a day or two? Thanks in advance.
    You could check with Helen's Cycles. I don't know if they do rentals, but I think they might offer some high-end demos.

Helen's Cycles
    2501 Broadway
    Santa Monica, California 90404
    Phone: 310.829.1836

As Koke stated, Geoladders is your best resource for routes.

What size bike do you need, and which days/times do you plan to ride? I live in Venice, I have an extra bike that you can borrow (Seven Sola, 20" frame w/ 24" top tube), and I could show you some rides if you're available around 4pm on weekdays. Let me know if you're interested.

Believer in Darwin
    Wow, now that is some real Socal brahness.
    I'd take JimN up on that offer if I were you considering he is the trail sage of Santa Monica.
    Hope all is well JimN. You still riding the rigid 29er?
    paz afuera

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by papisimo11
    Wow, now that is some real Socal brahness.
    I'd take JimN up on that offer if I were you considering he is the trail sage of Santa Monica.
    Hope all is well JimN. You still riding the rigid 29er?
    paz afuera
    Trail Sage of Santa Monica? Me? Come on now, we all know that Dusty Bottoms is the one and only Trail Sage of Santa Monica. I'm definitely not worthy of such a lofty title.

I'm doing alright, Papo. Yep, still riding the rigid 29er SS. My geared bike hasn't been ridden more than a handful of times over the last year and a half.

Have fun on your little ride in the park this Saturday!