mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Cycle World MTB Customer Apprecation Day Saturday November 17! Free Shuttle & BBQ!

Cycle World would like to thank all of our mountain bike customers and supporters. Please save the date of Saturday November 17. We will be doing 2 different rides but both will end up at Cycle World Chatsworth for an awesome BBQ. EVERYONE is invited and please bring all your Mountain Bike friends along cuz this will be a load of epicness! All skill levels are welcome for both rides.

XC & CROSS COUNTRY
    For those wanting to do XC we will be riding in the Santa Monica mountains and joining Corba for their 25th Anniversary Ride and Mingle at the Hub. Details of the ride will be posted shortly but you can visit the Corba website for the event details.
    Ride and Mingle at The Hub - CORBA, the Concerned Off-Road Bicyclists Association (Calabasas, CA) - Meetup

All Mountain & Downhill
    Cycle World will be providing a free shuttle starting from 8am until 12pm at Rocky Peak. Shuttle service is provided by Crazy Bear Shuttle Truck. Get in as many runs as you can and experience one of the best shuttle setups in SoCal. We will be riding Hummingbird and surrounding trails. Meet at the bottom of Hummingbird at 7:30 cuz the Crazy Bear will be rocking and rolling at 8am sharp! The crazy bear shuttle will be going non stop until noon.

After all the riding everyone will head over to Cycle World Chatsworth for a BBQ and who knows what else is going on!

Please invite all your friends and we hope to make this an awesome day for everyone in the dirt!

http://www.crazybearbikes.com/

Check out the event page on FaceBook for the latest news and updates
    Cycle World MTB Customer Appreciation Day! | Facebook

Mike Lord
    Last edited by MikeLord; 11-06-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool......
    there has been a lot of people cutting the switchbacks on Hummingbird...

Hopefully they educate all the people shuttling to ride the trail and SWITCHBACKS !!!! Please educate people to not cut the switchbacks and stay on the trail.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    oh.. people will know for sure. anyone that cuts through the trail will be shot and not given a proper burial. everyone will be required to respect the trail and the whole area otherwise we'll let you have a 1on1 with them shiver.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLord View Post
    oh.. people will know for sure. anyone that cuts through the trail will be shot and not given a proper burial. everyone will be required to respect the trail and the whole area otherwise we'll let you have a 1on1 with them shiver.

thanks man....appreciate it.....Right now, some hiking group is complaining about bikers because a few riders didn't stop for hikers and almost took them out while cutting switchbacks...These hiking groups want the trail closed to bikes...it $ucks because it is a local trail....hopefully everyone respects hikers, and stays on the trails
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Hope

Ok I found a video if hummingbird and it looks like fun to me but kinda scares my buddy. What are the names of the surrounding trails that we might ride? Can the shuttle still be taken advantage of from the other trails? I don't know the area well, thanx.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    everything starts from the bridge. the shuttle will service all the trails. hummingbird is the one most people will be riding. you can learn about the other trails when you meet up saturday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    UPDATE: We will be joining the GGR rides this Saturday. For the beginner led by Kim XC group you will be meeting at the top of Reseda at 8:45am SHARP! The intermediate group led by Tamara will be meeting at the bottom of Caballero at 8:30am SHARP! Both rides will end up at the Hub for the Corba Mingle around 10am.

Ride and Mingle at The Hub - CORBA, the Concerned Off-Road Bicyclists Association (Calabasas, CA) - Meetup

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The XC ride has been cancelled due to rain but we will still be shredding Rocky Peak 2mrw morning! Rain or shine! Unless its pouring super crazy.. a little rain never hurt anyone. The trail should be primed. First shuttle leaves at 8am from the bottom of hummingbird.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ah man i wish I could have come for hummingbird but i have other commitments already doh

if you ever do the shuttle thing again more heads up time if possible thanks