Thread: Cycle Fantasy?

I'm disrespectful to dirt

Cycle Fantasy?

Hey all,

I have a bare steel frame I need to have painted. I have a bike painted by Joe Bell, but I was thinking I'd stay a little more local (and maybe lower $?) for this one. I've heard several people talk about a place called Cycle Fantasy in Fountain Valley, but I can't find any contact info or a website for them. Does anyone know how I can reach them?

g c
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun K
    Hey all,

I have a bare steel frame I need to have painted. I have a bike painted by Joe Bell, but I was thinking I'd stay a little more local (and maybe lower $?) for this one. I've heard several people talk about a place called Cycle Fantasy in Fountain Valley, but I can't find any contact info or a website for them. Does anyone know how I can reach them?
    Olympic Powdercoat in Santa Ana. They do tons of bike stuff and have cool colors to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by g c
    Olympic Powdercoat in Santa Ana. They do tons of bike stuff and have cool colors to boot.

Yeah, I know about Olympic and other good powdercoaters. I called Olympic and the guy I spoke with wasn't really helpful. Plus, another mtbr member pointed out that p-coating can crack, and even though you can't see the crack, moisture can get in causing damage you can't see. I wouldnt care for any other frame, but for this one I really want to do it right.

Mmmmmm Beer!
    The last time I used them they were in Orange. Contact The Bike Beat or Chumba Wumba and they should know where they are. I have had about four bikes painted by them and they do great work!

Quote Originally Posted by CPATCRASH
    The last time I used them they were in Orange. Contact The Bike Beat or Chumba Wumba and they should know where they are. I have had about four bikes painted by them and they do great work!
    THANKS!!! I got their number and spoke with Colleen today. They are in the middle of painting some bikes for the Olympics, so I will have to wait a while. That works out anyway, since my Kona fork isn't here yet and I still need to have my dropouts chromed. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good chrome shop in OC? Preferably a place that does motorcycle work.