Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cycle Fantasy?

  1. #1
    I'm disrespectful to dirt
    Reputation: Shaun K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    210

    Cycle Fantasy?

    Hey all,

    I have a bare steel frame I need to have painted. I have a bike painted by Joe Bell, but I was thinking I'd stay a little more local (and maybe lower $?) for this one. I've heard several people talk about a place called Cycle Fantasy in Fountain Valley, but I can't find any contact info or a website for them. Does anyone know how I can reach them?

  2. #2
    g c
    g c is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun K
    Hey all,

    I have a bare steel frame I need to have painted. I have a bike painted by Joe Bell, but I was thinking I'd stay a little more local (and maybe lower $?) for this one. I've heard several people talk about a place called Cycle Fantasy in Fountain Valley, but I can't find any contact info or a website for them. Does anyone know how I can reach them?
    Olympic Powdercoat in Santa Ana. They do tons of bike stuff and have cool colors to boot.

  3. #3
    I'm disrespectful to dirt
    Reputation: Shaun K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by g c
    Olympic Powdercoat in Santa Ana. They do tons of bike stuff and have cool colors to boot.

    Yeah, I know about Olympic and other good powdercoaters. I called Olympic and the guy I spoke with wasn't really helpful. Plus, another mtbr member pointed out that p-coating can crack, and even though you can't see the crack, moisture can get in causing damage you can't see. I wouldnt care for any other frame, but for this one I really want to do it right.

  4. #4
    Mmmmmm Beer!
    Reputation: CPATCRASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    617
    The last time I used them they were in Orange. Contact The Bike Beat or Chumba Wumba and they should know where they are. I have had about four bikes painted by them and they do great work!

  5. #5
    I'm disrespectful to dirt
    Reputation: Shaun K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by CPATCRASH
    The last time I used them they were in Orange. Contact The Bike Beat or Chumba Wumba and they should know where they are. I have had about four bikes painted by them and they do great work!
    THANKS!!! I got their number and spoke with Colleen today. They are in the middle of painting some bikes for the Olympics, so I will have to wait a while. That works out anyway, since my Kona fork isn't here yet and I still need to have my dropouts chromed. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good chrome shop in OC? Preferably a place that does motorcycle work.

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain Cycle San Andreas DHS question ?
    By RedDwarf in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 05:30 PM
  2. Hello to the Fairbanks Cycle Club
    By Vecsus in forum Alaska
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
  3. Cycle Idaho's David Law-Smith Memorial Tour Boise to Idaho City on Dirt
    By smilycook in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:40 AM
  4. Anyone used Action-Tec or Cycle Dynamics Ti Cassettes?
    By bsavery in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 04:04 AM
  5. Any Shops Custom Painting Frames?
    By Moo Shoo Pork in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •