mtbr member
    May 2008

Crystal Cove State Park Is Closed

Crystal Cove State Park backcountry is closed for all public use; hiking-biking-equestrian. This includes all direct and indirect access points into the park. Please call (949) 494-3539 for more information. When it stops raining, the park is usually closed for a few days. I will try to repost when it opens. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the trails safe.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey All!
    Just wanted to update you on CCSP and offer a few insights. The trails are going to remain closed for a while. We got these images from Newport's helicopter and I thought I would share the photos to ask that you all stay off the trails. While working yesterday, 2 riders came down through the trails and buzzed right pass me. As an AVID mountain biker-it really bums me out that fellow riders are so totally disrepectful of the park rules and so totally selfish. We keep the trails closed for a reason. If you get hurt we cannot access you-the State vehicles cannot get into the backcountry right now. If you ride in the mud and create major ruts-when those ruts dry-inexperienced mountain bikers get caught in them and break arms and collarbones (I have had to rescue several in this situation). So stay off the trails. Put you mountain bike in a big gear and go do laps on Newport Coast. Many of you who post and read here are super respectful mtn bikers and I appreciate you staying off the trails until we can get them back into safe condition.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just an update-
    Crystal Cove State Park will be closed until Feb 4th-barring any more rain this week. We have to get heavy equipment to rebuild some trails that were demolished.
    If you are caught riding back there, expect to receive a citation.
    Thanks