Thread: Crafton hills?

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Headed out to Redlands over the weekend to visit the family and do some fishing. They live a couple miles from crafton hills, is it worth riding? I wouldn't mind dragging the bike down so I can find a fun quick ride. I've done Sart, big bear, hulda crook, and they were great, just need a quickie! Thanks in advance I appreciate it. And if anyone ever needs info on AZ riding id be more than happy to help

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You need to PM "halfnhalf" Not only is he a MTB'r, he is on the Crafton Hill Conservancy board, and he is also an avid fisherman.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello I may be new to all of this MTBR but i go to crafton hills college. Its a fun ride and at lunch i ride the ridge all the way to the parks and back to school takes me (again noob at this) 2 HRs.

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Thanks for the info ill check it out

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Here is a common Crafton Hills loop.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 12miles near Yucaipa | Times and Records | Strava

I should be able to ride Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Just to give you a heads up, I'm a slow Clydesdale. PM me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    im open all weekend also just pm or post up what time and place im slow but willing to go anywhere!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Here's a map of the area. Three Hawks and Thunderbird on the SW side are nice single tracks about a mile long, then take the fire road to the NE side and you have several more to chose from. Regional Park Trail and Dump Trail are fun single track, but more on the steep side so I usually ride down them unless your looking for a good workout. Explore a little on Strava and you'll see the trails and various ways to link up.

TRAILMAP

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Hey appreciate the info and offers guys. Plan is to ride sometime on Sunday depending on when I get in town. Ill post up on here when I know what time we are headed out. And slow is no prob! That's my preferred speed

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    sweet i will be ready i rode the loop today with JRS73 pretty fun!

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Sorry for the late response but had a hard time coordinating with everyone. Plan is more of an evening ride, push off around 4 or 430, still not sure which trailhead yet. Krawler where do you guys start?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    down by YAPS (13th st) , then go up either three hawks or thunderbird. then you can take the fire road all the way around the mountain or just mess around that area. It really depends on how far you would like to go really. look at the trail maps posted and let me know what route you would like to go so i know if i need to bring a light or not.

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Is that 13th st trailhead off of chapman heights rd? I think we are planning on starting there or either at the college? Not sure. I'd love to do the whole loop if we have time, but unfortunately I don't have lights. Probably starting at 4 but hoping for a little earlier, depends onto bro in law.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    hey man something came up with the family i unfortunally cant go now! Sorry maybe next time your in town pm and we can go for a ride. if you ride fast enough you wont need a light.

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

No worries man, probably better anyways since today was too rushed. I come out all the time so ill let you know next time

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    ya just let me know i usually am open but my son is sick lol. Just pm me or post up here!

mtbr member

Crafton hills?

Well we finally made it out and I will say this trail is pretty cool. Started off at the 13th st trailhead, were some people working on the trail told us someone had just gotten bit by a rattlesnake! 😬 Three minutes later climbing up that first singletrack we pass a pretty good sized rattler, so of course my brain is in full bore snake mode at this point!! Rode that to the fire road where we climbed all the way to the peak, and came back down the same way. Pretty fun!! I would've liked to ride all the way into the regional park but we were slowed down considerably by my dad who is new to the sport. My family is trying to get me to move out here, and honestly leaving the flat out bad azz riding we have in AZ is my number one reason for not leaving. Well, crafton hills made me think maybe you guys don't have it too bad out here either 😊