mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Corriganville Classic Race & Demo: Simi Valley 2/21

Looking for some great racing in February:

Join us February 21st @ Corriganville Park in Simi Valley for some great Racing! We have 2 formats:

*2 Person Relay (Simple - 2 person Teams, trading off every lap.) The Course is ~ 2 miles and super fun.

*Short Track (Single Racer format, ~ 1mile lap, as many as you can do in the time frame)

Whether your a seasoned racer or first timer this is a great event and we know you'll have a blast.

Every pre-registered Racer gets an event T-Shirt and Water Bottle. Register Here:
    http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9839

This is going to be a great event:
    Specialized, Giant and Scott Demo trailers will be on hand to test the latest greatest Mountain Bikes from these great manufacturers.

Giant, Giro, Specialized, Serfas, KHS, NiteRider, GU, Bell, QBP, Sock Guy and more have stepped up to provide some great raffle prizes for racers.
    Giant donated a bike, lights from NiteRider, Helmets and Glasses from Giro and Bell!

Race Flyer and Course below:

Simi Cycling Center
    Simi's Premier Bicycle Shop, Since 1975
    Specialized, Giant and More...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    One Week until the Corriganville Classic - pick a partner and register, or sign up for some single short track racing.
    Simi Cycling Center

BLT2
    Apr 2008
    Does anyone know if this event will happen rain or shine?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    yes - the event will happen rain or shine. there are too many conflicts to push the event off another week should it rain...

cross your fingers... looks like the course will get wet on Saturday, then we'll be under cloudy skies for Sunday and looks like the rain will be back as we're cleaning up for the day
    Simi Cycling Center

Gangreen
    Aug 2008
    What's the course like? Fireroad vs singletrack, how much climbing per lap, how does it handle rain, your favorite section? Sell it baby!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    the course is ~2 miles long has a mix of double track, fireroad and a section of swooping downhill singletrack. Makes for plenty of places to pass - tucked underneath a bunch of Oak Trees @Corriganville Park - this is where the Original Tarzan and other classic movies were filmed.

course doesn't have much climbing 1 power up grind - and some false flats but good times for the expert to beginner racer.

Just got back from the course and the Park district bladed it - it is super smooth with no ruts - the hills are porous(sp?) rock so it sheds water well and will run fast and great after a little rain should we get some on Saturday....

Simi Cycling Center

That's gonna leave a mark
    I did the race last summer and had a blast! The course is really fast and has some fun twisty singletrack. My partner and I turned 7 minute laps in the 60 minute race. The short, rocky climbs are a great place to power past seated climbers and the downhill sections were hold-onto-the-seat-of-your-pants big ring fun. The race was well organized and the course well marked. Glad to see this event come back!
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    We had a decent rain last night, but there's not a cloud in the sky this morning and the forecast looks like the rain won't return until well after the race tomorrow... come down, register and race with us tomorrow.
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Big Thanks to the weather gods and everyone who turned out today for the Corriganville Classic... great time and great racing.

the course was in perfect shape after Friday's rain.... Looking forward to the next one in late April / Early May timeframe
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This race was GREAT fun for me and my buddy.. His birthday was today and he celebrated it by getting a nasty cut on his arm during the last lap of the beginner race. great race, event, well organized, and a bunch of fun for us first time racers. We'll definitely be back for the next one

So when do the individual lap results get posted?

And what was the photographers website and contact info?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    when is the next one going to be?
    and you should add a downhill race ; )

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    We are targeting early May for the next event.

Results can be found @ www.simicyclingcenter.com

Photos can be found @ www.spottsphotography.com

We would love to add downhill to the race - the tough part will be convincing Parks/Recs on where we can have it.... but we've definitely been thinking about how/where we could make that happen.

Thanks,
    G
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    no worries, realistically park and rec would probably say no to any course because of the increased chance of injury in a dh race compared to xc.
    ill still come out next time and race the partners one
    is there an age limit or can i still race it if my parents sign a wavier?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    No age limit - I assume if you can post on the board you're on a 24" or larger wheeled mountain bike and can do loops on the course

if you're under 18 you will need your parents to sign the waiver .

Looks like we're targeting Sunday May 9th for the next one... stay tuned!
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    ya i just got a haro x6 and ill be giving my mom my old boulder so she can get off her rigid and like 20 year old khs. maybe she will do the single rider race (she does spin classes at least twice a week for an hour but she doesnt have the best mountain bike skills, ahhaha)