mtbr member

Corral Canyon is awesome

I've been taking the drive out to Corral Canyon in east San Diego the last couple weekends. For those of you that don't know, its an OHV specific trail system in Campo, about two miles past the border patrol check point. It offers many fast, smooth flowing trails with multiple technical options, rock jumps, pump track ect. and next to no one on the trails. I didn't know about the trail system until recently so I'd like to share with others.

I posted a short clip of one of my favorite trails. It starts off slow, but picks up.

]

most memberable
    May 2011
    That bell is so loud, I could here it from home!

I haven't done that trail in about 10 years...it appears to have changed a bit....a lot less whoops....I wonder what happened?

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Spur Meadow XC/Downhill. LOVE IT!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    We use to ride this trail. Typically we would park at the turnoff to the road that the video ended on and then ride around lake morena finishing up on the dh in your video. The trail use to be more fun, but sometime in the late 90's they grated the thing leaving very few exposed rocks or ruts that made it so much fun. Looks like it's getting some of that character back thankfully.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Looks fun. I think you need to tighten your helmet. What mount do you use for your camera? All I can say about this trail is if you hear a ORV coming just get out of the way. They can suprise you.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Looks fun. I think you need to tighten your helmet. What mount do you use for your camera? All I can say about this trail is if you hear a ORV coming just get out of the way. They can suprise you.
    I would agree with the get out of the way comment. Used to ride my 450 out there and saw a couple of destroyed bikes that were run over by a Moto. No way to hear that bell over the motor.

mtbr member
    It's a chest mount, mounted upside down and later rotated. My helmet fits great, I'm adjusting my hose to my hydration pack frequently throughout the video to prevent it from getting in the way. I also often adjust my sunglasses. My favorite pair were stolen and I've yet to find a pair that stays tight and offers enough protection while blasting down! I ride on the weekdays because there is pretty much no one out there. I leave my bell on because well, it's always on.

mtbr member
    i think i rode that in the sage brush safari race. all the trails on that race were super fun! theres even some slick rock sections out there. kernan trail is an awesome DH

mtbr member
    Thanks for sharing your vid and the update! Iíve been wanting to check out these trails. How navigable is this place? Iíve seen maps online but are there actual trail markers?