mtbr member
    Dec 2003

CORBA 17th Annual Birthday Bash, poker ride and demo

The Concerned Off Road Bicyclists Association(CORBA) is having their 17th Annual Birthday Bash, poker ride and demo this weekend!

Last years event was a blast! Much schwag was won and fun was had by all. This year Tinker is coming to the Bash! He will be either leading a ride or doing a tech clinic. Come on out and see if you can keep up with him! He will also be signing autographs!

Who Is CORBA?
    Founded in 1987, CORBA is a non-profit (501c3) all volunteer organization committed to maintaining and gaining mountain bike riding access to trails in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.

Event Details:

CORBA's 17th Annual
    Birthday Bash & Fundraiser
    Saturday, October 16, 2004
    8:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Malibu Creek State Park

More Event Info

CORBA
    Last edited by mtbski; 10-11-2004 at 09:18 PM.

120 pounds of xc sex!

yo

hey martin, i wish i Could come, but have to roll to the bay area this weekend, probably wont even have time to ride! man, family sucks.....but hey if i wanted to golf, i bet it would be kosher....

anyways looks fun, everyone in LA should go!
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I will be there with bells on...haven't missed this party in several years.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Tinker is going

Additionally - Hans from CORBA just noted that Tinker will be doing the ride and leading a group, signing autographs etc. this year as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Last message on this one

Come ride with Cannondale rider Tinker Juarez! The three-time NORBA champ and two-time Olympian Tinker Juarez will be at the Bash! Tinker will lead a group on the advanced Poker ride at 9:15 am. After that Tinker will be available to sign autographs.

Registration begins at 8:00 am and closes at 10:00 am. Beginner – Advanced rides available. We will have one beginner group ride with a CORBA ride leader starting at 8:15 am and one advanced group ride with Tinker starting at 9:15 am. Riders also have the option of riding on there own at any time from 8:00 am -10:00 am. In case you are not familiar with the poker ride here is how it works. You ride to five stations and pick up a card at each station. The best three poker hands at the end of the ride win prizes.

Get there early for best selection of demo bikes.

Entry is $20.00 and includes:

Park entry fee, poker ride, five raffle tickets (ten if preregistered before October 10th), demo bikes, lunch and entertainment. There is also a lunch only option for $7.00. Lunch will begin at 11:30 am. The years Bash will be catered with Mexican and Italian food. Raffle tickets will be available for $1.00 each. Join or renew your CORBA membership and receive an additional 10 free raffle tickets.

COFFEE
    The Curbside Café will be selling coffee, tea, espresso drinks, iced blendeds and smoothies. Participants pay vendor directly. A percentage of proceeds will be donated to CORBA.

See www.corbamtb.com for more info and to preregister.