mtbr member
    Nov 2005

? Conditions in the Cuyamacas?

Any word on the Grand Loop? Has the snow melted?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I just finished a ride up there this morning. The weather was perect. The only snow I saw was near the peak of cuyamaca, and I only saw small patches. Very little mud.

Trail Rider

Did you do Middle Peak?

Quote Originally Posted by unclesam
    I just finished a ride up there this morning. The weather was perect. The only snow I saw was near the peak of cuyamaca, and I only saw small patches. Very little mud.
    I want to do Soapstone(for a change) and Middle Peak.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

Team BikeWood

Rode it this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    I want to do Soapstone(for a change) and Middle Peak.
    Trails are in good shape. I didn't do Soapstone -- instead looped around on the new singletack that meets up at the top of Soapstone. Did do Middle Peak. It's actually in much better shape than I expected. No mud or slop. The trail is a little chopped up -- obviously there were some horses on the trail when it was muddy recently. There's a couple small patches of snow on the side of the trail, but nothing you have to ride through. There is a couple downed trees that you have to dismount for on the descent from the peak. Overall, it was a great ride today. Trail was in good shape, weather was great, and we only saw 5 other people out there. Good stuff.

Trail Rider

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Avenger
    Trails are in good shape. I didn't do Soapstone -- instead looped around on the new singletack that meets up at the top of Soapstone. Did do Middle Peak. It's actually in much better shape than I expected. No mud or slop. The trail is a little chopped up -- obviously there were some horses on the trail when it was muddy recently. There's a couple small patches of snow on the side of the trail, but nothing you have to ride through. There is a couple downed trees that you have to dismount for on the descent from the peak. Overall, it was a great ride today. Trail was in good shape, weather was great, and we only saw 5 other people out there. Good stuff.
    Thank you!
    [size=4]Don[/size]