I don't huck.
    Jun 2005

Condition of Manzanita Trail?

Anyone done that this year, the trail from Angeles Crest @Baden Powell down toward Southfork CG/ Just wondering how it is. Thinking about including that in a loop this weekend. It usually is semi rough and needs a bit of hike-a-bike...used to that.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Surf 'n' Trail Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by mtroy
    Anyone done that this year, the trail from Angeles Crest @Baden Powell down toward Southfork CG/ Just wondering how it is. Thinking about including that in a loop this weekend. It usually is semi rough and needs a bit of hike-a-bike...used to that.
    I too am curious about trail conditions on both South Fork and Manzanita. The day before yesterday I rode Burkhart... it's really deteriorated (lots of HAB), needs more use. I'm thinking that South Fork and Manzanita may be the same?

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Just finished riding it today as a big figure 8 including Blue Ridge trail. Blue Ridge was awesomely sweet.

Manzanita was the usual challenge. It is not overgrown, but the tread of the trail was deep in rubble. Needed a big broom. Lots of rocks, oak leaves, and sticks. Mostly rideable, but not easy and flowy for the most part. Very doable though, if ya like that sort of thing.

As it happens, I do.

There was nice parts where small streams cossed the trail. Reminded me of Crested Butte (without the green mountains and flowers).

If you don't mind riding on looser, narrow trails and enjoy a more remote feeling to a ride, you are good to go.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com