Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Coast to Clouds to Coast

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dirtvert 
#1 · (Edited)
C2C2C

Who- The few, the proud, the moronic.

What- Ride the bike path for a few miles from San Juan Cap. to the Arroyo Trabuco trail to Tijeras to Dove Canyon to Holy Jim to the peak. And back.

When- November 24 (rain changes Dec. 1)

Where- Starting from San Juan Capiswallow. Pm me if you're serious for meeting spot/time.

Why- I'm glad you asked!

How- I recommend training, but there are other options available.

Stats- There are a few different options, but it's somewhere around 58/7000. Food/beer/awards/naps will occur post-ride at my (Genn's) casa.

Also, if a few people would just like to do the top half of the ride--the Holy Jim loop--then you could meet us mid-ride. That section is about 25 miles/5000 ft.

Happy trails,
Doug

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well, we tried yesterday, but didn't quite make it to the top!

We started late (9:00) because of some technical problems with my buddy's new bike, but the main problem was the heat. It topped out at 85 in Rancho Santa Margarita! We really struggled up Holy Jim, so we stopped at the Main Divide.

Attempt #2 will happen Sunday, December 9 if anybody's interested.

#4 · (Edited)
RR: Mission Accomplished!

We took the most direct route (through O'neil), so it was "only" 57 miles/6K. The last three miles to the peak were a grind, but the descent on Upper/Lower Holy Jim made it all worthwhile (brown pow!). We started at 8, had a headset issue that almost derailed us and required trailside surgery (thanks, Gerry!), and finished just before we needed lights. Good times.

I have a gpx file of the route if anybody wants to try it on their own.

#5 ·
RR: Mission Accomplished! We took the most direct route, so it was "only" 57 miles/6K. The last three miles to the peak were a grind, but the descent on Upper/Lower Holy Jim made it all worthwhile. Good times.

I have a gpx of the route if anybody wants to try it on their own.
I'm humbled by your achievement.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.