Cleveland National Forest Closed...
...to the public until further notice.
ORDER NO. 02-07-07
CLEVELAND NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to protect public health and safety, the following acts are prohibited within the the Cleveland National Forest. This order is effective from October 22, 2007 through the end of the fire emergency.
1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.52(e).
2. Being on National Forest System roads within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.54(e).
3. Being on National Forest System trails within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
3. Owners or lessees of land within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their land unless under a Sheriff’s evacuation order.
4. Persons who reside within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences unless under a Sheriff’s evacuation order.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
Done at San Diego, California, this 22nd day of October , 2007.
/s/ WILLIAM METZ
Forest Supervisor, Cleveland National Forest
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Any estimate when the closures will be lifted? Check your PM about a different question.
Originally Posted by Hecklermark
My guess is either after the fire crews are back stationed at their normal posts, or after we start getting some rain.
Originally Posted by TerryLM