120 pounds of xc sex!

Chino hills updates?

Anyone have any updates about chino hills? havent read about any updates in months.

East fence line kosher?

raptor ridge?

any info would be great, thanks---looking to ride, as I have friday off----woot!
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    hey ya....
    sorry i didnt reply to you email....it just hit me that you wrote to me a few days ago.

anyways, chsp is ok. i rode there about 2 months ago. up northridge, it was a bit sandy in places. nothing i couldn't handle. be abit careful on the downhills.

the st that went from the end of northridge to 4 corners is gone!!! it was bulldozed into a fireroad.

raptor was rideable. very tricky. the st was carpeted with dry grass. it was very slick. there was abit of erosion right off the side. so, if you're wheel slide off the trail, it's into the rut and then you can do flying over the bars. i saw that happen to two guys ahead of me.

then, just rode down thru tele. i heard that tele was a hoot and i had to try it. it's wasn't that great if you ask me. just some erosion here and there.

i would like to do a across the park ride soon. start at the dam, and thru the carbon entrance. up northride, raptor and then up aliso to bane. hit efl and then up southride. down bovinian and up again, and ride back on southridge.

wanna join me???

cheers!

120 pounds of xc sex!

whoa..

sounds good kam-0,

Im thinking about going sunday morning, since I have to be in yorba linda by 11. I dunno if i have in me for anything over 20 miles tho!

how about east fence line? anyone?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member

That sucks

Whats wrong with the chino hills rangers? They bulldose one of only two leagal singletracks on the west end of the park! They don't seem to care much for mountain bikers. I did a quick ride on Nov 7th from the Rimcrest entrance to four corners and back; that section is in good shape.

Bunny Hugger

Rode CH on Monday 11/7

I started in the Carbon Canyon side off Lambert. I went up North Ridge, down Powerline to Four Corners, out to Raptor Ridge, did Aliso to South Ridge, bonked, back to Four Corners, took Telegraph back to Carbon Canyon. I had planned to ride Bovinian to South Ridge after returning to Four Corners, but I ran out of gas.

North Ridge was in great shape. Most of the sandy areas had turned to hard pack after the moisture of the last couple of weeks.

Powerline (that's what my friends and I have always called it) down to Four Corners is now a fire road, steep near the end like it was when it was a singletrack.

Raptor Ridge was a hoot. The trail was carpeted with dry grass; but if you've ridden it before and you know where you're going, then no problems.

Aliso should have been closed, and maybe it was. I didn't see any closed signs though. Some parts of the trail were washed away. You'll be riding or hiking-a-bike and the trail ends. You must traverse what was once a trail but is now a cliff. You can still hike it across. Once you reach the power poles, the trail is still good all the way down to the equestrian area. Funny, but as I passed the eq area, there was a lady walking around in her jeans, shoes, and a bra. I tried not to stare. She turned to me and waved and greeted me. Maybe she thought that I thought that it was a bikini top.

The beginning of South Ridge after the ranger station is now a W I D E fire road, capable of handling two-way traffic, plus two bike lanes and a center island. No kidding.

Telegraph is closed from Gellman Peak (I think) to South Ridge. You must climb up the mountain to North Ridge if you do the legal thing. If you are exhausted and cramping and thirsty, then you might take Telegraph all the way back. It's chopped up in spots and there are numerous water crossings, but no biggie. Actually, it might be the most fun you'll ever have going back via Telegraph -- that's not really saying much.
    Hug the Bunny

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Before we blast the Rangers for the single tracks being bulldozed over, we have to remember that this past summer, the park was threatened by a brush fire for several days. It was large enough that equipment from all over the state was staged in the park itself and at Yorba Linda Regional Park. I don't think that preserving single track was very high on their list of priorities.

mtbr member

True

Quote Originally Posted by stumpdriver
    Before we blast the Rangers for the single tracks being bulldozed over, we have to remember that this past summer, the park was threatened by a brush fire for several days. It was large enough that equipment from all over the state was staged in the park itself and at Yorba Linda Regional Park. I don't think that preserving single track was very high on their list of priorities.
    But the fire wasn't by the powerline trail and they bulldozed it after the fact. Why did they need a fireroad in that particular spot when they have the fireroad that the singletrack starts from? Why are the other west end singletracks (Cheat street and Gilman peak) closed to bikes? Why is Water Canyon closed to bikes? And above all WHY IS TRAILS FOR ALL CLOSED TO BIKES???? Arent we included in "ALL"? I know it's not just the C.H.S.P. rangers making these decisions but come on, those are the kinds of trails every mountainbiker is looking for, not mile after mile of dirt freeway.

Over the Hill
    I say let the grass burn..maybe the fire would get ride all that tall mustard grass that keeps us from riding East Boundery in the spring. Or better yet, bring the cows back..they make excellent singletrack. Spent many years riding the cow paths in Sonoma County on my Schwinn Varsity.

I don't ride Chino Hills much, they seem to not be as bike friendly as the other parks. That and horses keep the singletrack in bad shape.

Just another Homer

Same here

I used to volunteer for every opportunity to help with with trail maintenance here at this park. But after the last ranger that was mountain biking friendly left,I don't see much use in it any longer. They honestly don't care for us there. By their actions they have told us numerous times they'd just as soon keep the place closed.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith