mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Chino Hills Sunday Ride Old Guy Pace

If anyone wants to ride this Sunday morning (4/7/2013) in Chino Hills, hit me up. I am not fast, ride most of it, with some Hike-a-bike up the steep hills. I will be entering the Park from the East side near Bane Canyon. Bane Canyon entrance is closed, but I do know another East entrance without breaking any laws, and am somewhat familiar with the trails, and have a Garmin. I'm looking to ride about 15 mile loop, and around 2000 to 2500 feet climb. looking to meet around 0800, and be home by Noon, so a 1/2 day ride. I've met some great people on this site, so I'm always optimistic about finding riding partners.

Thanks in advance...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That can be deceptive as many "old guys" are much faster then me lol.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yea Joey I should have said "trmn8er" pace. So many older riders out there who would clean my clock. It's cool to see guys much older than I out there in killer shape and tearing it up!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I know right! I was riding out to a trail and came up to an intersection with a roadie. I saw what appeared to be a young guy or gal in excellent shape with huuuuge calfs. I roll up to see a grey haired guy who is probably 20 times faster then me lol.

Im working on some details on my schedule, If I can get the free time Ill ride with ya but I cant promise anything yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    I know right! I was riding out to a trail and came up to an intersection with a roadie. I saw what appeared to be a young guy or gal in excellent shape with huuuuge calfs. I roll up to see a grey haired guy who is probably 20 times faster then me lol.

Im working on some details on my schedule, If I can get the free time Ill ride with ya but I cant promise anything yet.
    Joey, cool if it works out. I work tomorrow, but will check this site and PM's from the Droid. If you can go, we can meet up and make it a fun ride, even if you need to cut it short due to time. I want to get home early too and hang out with the Wife and get some stuff done.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Great ride Joe! We need to ride SART next. I am thinking of going up there this coming Thursday at 0600. If you want to go, let me know. Stay in touch...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Great ride for sure! Id say we did more of a "fun" pace then an old man pace as I was able to check out the scenery a bit.

Weekday rides are tough for me but Ill let ya know if i can break away. Thanks for the invite!