Cross post for trail work I've organized at CHSP:

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ay-7-26-a.html

OK folks, time to block out Saturday July 26th to give back to the trails from 8 am to noon. I have organized a single track clean-up day at Chino Hills State Park in conjunction with the State Park, Trails4All, and other affiliated groups. It looks like we will have a mixed group of mountain bikers, hikers, and equestrians.

As we expect it to be warm that day, please bring plenty of water, sunscreen, a hat, snacks, and work gloves. Everyone will need to meet at the Equestrian Staging Area.

Tentatively the schedule is as follows:

7:45 - 8:00 a.m. - volunteer sign in
8:00 - 8:15 a.m. - orientation
8:15 a.m. everyone goes to the work location - Bane Ridge Trail (about 3 miles of single track)
11:30 a.m. return and clean up

For those who don't know, Bane Ridge is the single track that drops into the Equestrian Staging Area from the north. If there are enough volunteers, hopefully we can also clear Raptor Ridge, a crowd favorite.

Here's the official word from the rangers on bringing our own hand tools and power tools:

"Bring the gas powered weed whackers but depending on the conditions and weather we may not authorize them. We will decide the day of. Bring your hand tools."

I plan on meeting at the gate (Elinvar & Sapphire in Chino Hills) around 7 AM to drive into the park with tools and our bikes. You are more than welcome to ride into the park, but if you have tools in hand, this might be kind of difficult.

Bring any tools you think may be helpful: shovels, metal rakes, machetes, etc.