[paste title here]

Chino Hills SP This weekend?

Anyone else going out to chino hills state park this sunday for Kona's demo day? Im going out there to test out their new stuff. Should be fun!
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    Anyone else going out to chino hills state park this sunday for Kona's demo day? Im going out there to test out their new stuff. Should be fun!

When is this event?? What time??? I was gonna spin there tomorrow, maybe.
    Is this the event where you ride the park and gather raffle tickets at check points and as a result you are entered in a raffle to win some thing?????

Just passing through....

I would love to but....

I gotta work. Bummer. I went out and rode Raptor Ridge today, man is it overgrown. What a difference 3 weeks makes. I couldn't see the trail for a good portion, only the separation between the weeds that were rubbing on my arms as I passed through them. Me come home with some itchy legs. I wonder if the rest of the singletrack in the park is that overgrown right now. If so, Kona better bring some gas powered weed eaters.

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by seatstay
    When is this event?? What time??? I was gonna spin there tomorrow, maybe.
    Is this the event where you ride the park and gather raffle tickets at check points and as a result you are entered in a raffle to win some thing?????
    Hey I got the info from www.socalmtb.com and this is what it said:

March 14th, this Sunday, is trail work and Kona Demo Days at Chino Hills State Park. We will also try to squeeze in a short meeting as well. Trail work will be light brushing as the mutant mustard has started to take off again. We will work on Raptor Ridge only. Meet ranger station (red barn) on Sunday at 8:30 AM. We will work on the trail and then play on Kona's bikes. If you are looking for a lazy Sunday instead, just come on out and ride Kona's bikes from 9 - 4. They will have all of the new stuff there for you to try out.

March 14th Chino Hills State Park

Trail work from 8:30 AM - Noon RSVP at volunteers@sharemtb.com

Kona Demo Days 9 AM - 4 PM

SHARE Monthly Meeting 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Elinvar entrance off of Soquel Canyon and the 71 frwy (91 to the 71, exit Soquel Canyon and go left. Left again on Elinvar. Enter the park via the gate and follow it all the way down to the Visitors Center.)

Its going to be at the equestrain (sp?) staging area so be ready to pay a fee when you get into the park. Kona will have a lot of their bikes so you can demo at the park. Hope to see you there!
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFireMedic
    I gotta work. Bummer. I went out and rode Raptor Ridge today, man is it overgrown. What a difference 3 weeks makes. I couldn't see the trail for a good portion, only the separation between the weeds that were rubbing on my arms as I passed through them. Me come home with some itchy legs. I wonder if the rest of the singletrack in the park is that overgrown right now. If so, Kona better bring some gas powered weed eaters.
    I remember when I use to ride Chino very frequently. Well over summer, the brushes got dry and most of the singletrack was very overgrown. Going through the brush got us itchy at the end of the ride. I soon discovered other local trails around my area (Marshall and Bonelli) and stopped going to chino. Also the 6 foot high brush wasnt what we looked forward to for a weekend ride. Its amazing that the brush grows that fast in such a short time.
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling