Thread: cheseboro...

120 pounds of xc sex!

cheseboro...

anyone hit up cheseboro after the rains? thinking of going sat morning, or anything in that thousand oaks/valley area worth going to? im from da OC, so its all new to me!

thanks
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I went about 2 weeks. It was pretty horrible. All though the bulk of the trails are dry, there was still still lots of running water, so lots of stream crossings and deep mud. Possibly the ground water has dried up a bit, but the most recent rain can't have helped.

Glad to Be Alive
    a bloody mess.....trailwork needed bad
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Neg reppers r my biatches
    I wouldn't bother yet....it is pretty much crap and very swamp-like in many sections......it has gotten so bad out here I have actually resorted to buying my first road bike!!!!!! it arrives tomorrow and I will go on my first ride ever on Saturday. I am thinking about wearing the Core Rat and Full-face helmet to piss my buddies off

120 pounds of xc sex!

aww man..

anything else worth riding in the area? Something on the 101 south of Thousand Oaks would be mucho appreciated.
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    anything else worth riding in the area? Something on the 101 south of Thousand Oaks would be mucho appreciated.
    you probably know but the absolute best place to ride after a rain and even during a rain, is Los Robles off of Moorpark Rd. The soil here is very hard-packed and it is never a bad ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Wildwood was decent last week. A bit of mud here and there on the Santa Rosa trail, but other then that, pretty dry, even down by the stream at the bottom of the canyon. I imagine by Sunday it should be okay, assuming it doesnt rain again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It's not that bad. I rode it today, there's a few water crossings (you can ride through all of them, they're not that deep.) Towards the top near shepards flats it's the worst. The trail is a creek, but it is still ridable the whole way. If you have problems with your manhood there are other trails you can take to bypass the whole section. Every thing els on higher ground is fine.

mtbr member
    Poke around this website. http://www.nrmbc.org/TrailMaps/LosRo.../AreaHome.html
    Los Robles West (A.K.A. Space Mountain) is a good start.