mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Cherry Canyon ride Wednesday October 6th, 5:15PM

Here it is again, another open-to-the-public/anyone who enjoys mountain biking ride at Cherry Canyon in La Canada.

Where: Cherry Canyon- La Canada
    When: We usually meet at the trailhead around 5:15pm and take off by 5:30pm
    Who: Anyone who is cool, all skill levels welcome. We're a friendly group.
    Why: Because its another excuse to go mountain biking and meet some new people.

For those people new to Cherry Canyon, it consists of short (15-20 min) fireroad climbs followed by some roller coaster singletrack that's really fun. It's pretty short, I would estimate loops are 1.875-2.264 miles however we tend to do 3-6 of them. The beauty is you can do as many or as few as you want and it's always fun.

Note: Bring a light if you plan to ride more than 2-3 loops as it gets dark pretty quick these days.

Text/PM me if you're interested so we make sure we don't take off without you.

-mike 310-571-8521

For more info: http://www.lamountains.com/parks.asp?parkid=629

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Clarification: This is a rain or shine ride.
    Thanks
    -mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hey mike.. could u put me on the list for your next ride planned for Cherry..?

sucks it gets dark so early now..i imagine singletrack would be tough w/o a super bright wide light

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi Frank,

I've added you to the list. In addition to Cherry Canyon we do other rides around Santa Monica, Palos Verdes, and as far south as Orange County. Don't worry, I won't spam you with email, I usually just send out an email once a week max with ride info.

And yes a good light is pretty much a requirement now