mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Good job! Cherry Canyon ride today @ 5:15PM

Hey there,

Just wanted to open this up to anyone who wants to ride today. A group of buddies and myself are doing Cherry Canyon today at around 5:15 (Not sure of the exact time because we're riding from Altadena to the trailhead).

If anyone wants to join, we're a group of beginners/intermediate who right XC bikes and a 29er single speed. Text me if you're interested and we'll be sure to wait at the trailhead.

310-571-8521

-mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Follow up:

Ride was pretty fun. Stayed out from 5:30 to about 7:30. Almost got his by lightning while changing a flat. Would not recommend riding during a thunderstorm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just curious what sort of conditions the trails are in now?

A year or so ago, there was a lot of hubub about trails being dozed and widened for some horse people event.

Thanks
    R

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would rate the trails a 7 out of 10. Not too much sand, few washout points, and not very crowded. However I've only started riding it in the last year so I can't say what it was like years ago.

As a rating comparison I would rate El Prieto pre-fires 8.5 out of 10, post fires 1.37 out of 10.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcverry
    I would rate the trails a 7 out of 10. Not too much sand, few washout points, and not very crowded. However I've only started riding it in the last year so I can't say what it was like years ago.

As a rating comparison I would rate El Prieto pre-fires 8.5 out of 10, post fires 1.37 out of 10.
    Thanks, I'll check it out soon.
    R

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I want to try Cherry with my wife tomorrow afternoon, what are the best directions to get there?

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Covi101 View Post
    I want to try Cherry with my wife tomorrow afternoon, what are the best directions to get there?

good one