Thread: Cartel

new and improved

Cartel

I made it down to Socal for 5 hours on Sunday, 4 of which were spent riding in the SMM with the likes of Wadsworth McStackton, Macrider and Dusty Bottoms. Since moving to Norcal a year and a half ago, I've ridden the Rustic Loop a few dozen times in my dreams, and it was good to get back to the real thing. Now, two days later, I still smell like sage, and I'm still grinning.

There was a healthy amount of humility and carnage on the ride - the rains change these trails so much year to year that the old lines are all gone, and Backbone is down from its road-width of a few years ago to barely qualifying as 'half-track'. Carnage totals were one broken spoke, one broken pedal, one Stan's failure, some required handlebar straightening, one scraped knee, and one good view of Wadsworth's forearm muscles without skin.

I snapped a few shots, but was generally too busy enjoying myself to be more thorough.

Kip Winger World Tour, 1986.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits for his slow, fat riding brahs.

Mac, climbing and bleeding a little.

God I miss Sullivan Ridge.

What remains of upper Backbone.

Combine the previous shot, Wadsworth, a healthy dose of speed, and a poorly timed loss of shear force between a Weirwolf and the trail...

Hell of a ride brahs. Good to see everyone again.

Rocky Mountain High
    So cool that you guys got Vince Neil to ride with you.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics Santo
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days