mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Cannelle Plunge shuttle?

Me and a friend are planning to come to the ride the Plunge on Sunday morning but we just talked to Mountain River Adventure and they had some cancels and looks like they're not going to run on Sunday. Does anyone know of any other shuttles or friends that would shuttle 2 guys up...we're willing to pay?

Thanks,
    James

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by james_95 View Post
    Me and a friend are planning to come to the ride the Plunge on Sunday morning but we just talked to Mountain River Adventure and they had some cancels and looks like they're not going to run on Sunday. Does anyone know of any other shuttles or friends that would shuttle 2 guys up...we're willing to pay?

Thanks,
    James
    We were just up there and I thought I saw at least two different companies that shuttle up to the pass. Check it out online...

Otherwise, take two vehicles and shuttle that way. You can start earlier and beat the crowds also by shuttling with your own vehicles.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Try Shuttle Bob. You drive to the top with him in your car and he drives your car back to the bottom trail head for about $60 for Cannell. You'll need 2 sets of keys cuz Bob locks them in your car at the bottom. Used him once and other friends have for Just Outstanding. Good guy and very chatty! PM me for his number.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    Try Shuttle Bob. You drive to the top with him in your car and he drives your car back to the bottom trail head for about $60 for Cannell. You'll need 2 sets of keys cuz Bob locks them in your car at the bottom. Used him once and other friends have for Just Outstanding. Good guy and very chatty! PM me for his number.
    That's a unique option. Just don't hand him the keys to anything he might be tempted to test the limits of on the way down the hill.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    That's a unique option. Just don't hand him the keys to anything he might be tempted to test the limits of on the way down the hill.
    I'd be super sketched out about that . . . . for one thing, $60 is pretty damn steep if you ask me. But more concerning is I'd want to know what endorsements he has on his DL and what his insurance policy covers. If he's just some guy doing this on the side without getting setup for this legitimately (i.e., no commercial DL endorsement or a standard individual auto policy), if he wrecks your car (which wouldn't be terribly hard on that rode) or worse - hits someone - you are FUCT.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    He came with lots of local recommendations and a couple of friends had used him before I did. The $60 is for the car/truck load, not per person so the more you have in the vehicle the less it costs each rider. He drove my truck out Cherry Hill Rd with 4" of fresh snow on the ground after our drop-off at the top of the Big Meadow climb.(too much snow last Nov. to start at Sherman Pass) My insurance covers anyone who has my permission to drive my vehicle. I trust him and would use him again if I couldn't self-shuttle with some mtb buds!

official eMpTyBRain
    He came with lots of local recommendations and a couple of friends had used him before I did. The $60 is for the car/truck load, not per person so the more you have in the vehicle the less it costs each rider. He drove my truck out Cherry Hill Rd with 4" of fresh snow on the ground after our drop-off at the top of the Big Meadow climb.(too much snow last Nov. to start at Sherman Pass) My insurance covers anyone who has my permission to drive my vehicle. I trust him and would use him again if I couldn't self-shuttle with some mtb buds!
    Interesting. I've been wondering if there was a way to do just the plunge or close to making it that way. Your drop off point at the top of BM climb makes sense. Did you plan it that way or was there snow concerns higher up that day and you wanted to avoid it around Sherman Pass?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Did not plan it that way! We heard there was a slight chance of snow at the pass the night before but Bob said it was just a dusting. He's not a very good weather man 'cuz there was a good 6" on the ground below Mosquito mdw by the time we turned around and bailed to Cherry Hill Rd. Then we hit snow about 1/2 way to Big Mdw on Cherry Hill! It was fresh and untracked and my 4wd truck was handling the snow well so we kept going.

Thought about totally changing plans by going to Just Outstanding but Bob would have charged another $60 for his time. Worked out ok even though we had to HAB through snow for about 1/2 mile. By the time we hit Cannell Mdw the snow had tapered off. The Plunge was fantastic hero dirt with Bob's dusting of snow only in the shade. It was fun but I don't think I'll attempt the Cannell trail in November again!
    If we had ridden the day before the trail would have been entirely snow-free! Timing is everything! If there's no snow, you gotta do the whole trail from Sherman Pass. The descent into Big Mdw is excellent! And it's about 15 miles of slow driving to get to Big Mdw on Cherry Hill Rd to where Bob dropped us off.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have 3 guys, and we want to use the shuttle this Sunday for Cannell. I just talked to MRA, and they will go at 8am Sunday if we have six people.