Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cannel Plunge any takers?

919 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  REIGN 2 
#1 ·
Is anyone doing or will be interesting in doing the plunge on one of the following weekends:7/28/07 8/04/07 or 8/11/07? We need at least 4 people to book the shuttle.;)

thanks

#3 ·
Despite the fact that it is a "shuttle" ride there's still 2000ft of climbing, and the majority of the ride is above 7000ft in elevation.

It's a great ride, but not for beginners. Lots of techy spots, and a bunch of riding on the edge of cliffs near the bottom. It'll definitely be warm end of July/early August as well.

mj - make sure you take a dip in the river after the ride. It's AWESOME :)

#15 ·
age factor.

mjaraica said:
you got some cajunas to want to do the plunge at 14, but we may be responsible if something happen to you. A guy died last year doing the ride.:eek:
mjaraica your kidding right ? there's 14 year old kids in our nieghberhood sending it 30 ft so what if you can't have a beer with them after the ride age is not an issue young our old if you got the skills.

#16 ·
i got nothing again his age. In fact, he probably kick my ass in the trails, but IF something happen to him, there got to be someone held responsible for a minor (that person is not going to be me :nono: ). Not sure how the guy died. I read that he was riding a low end bike and two of his friends went a different route and they found him dead. 7/28 and 8/4 sounds good to me as well. i will check on the shuttle services to see availability.

#17 ·
I believe the guy went off trail somewhere on the way to the bottom, possibly due to dehydration or heat exhaustion. He left his bike and started hiking back up. I believe he was also bit by a rattlesnake, which didn't help matters. He was found by rescuers at a later date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.