mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Canfield The One

So I am thinking of getting one. Setup for DH 8" with dual crown and still pedal amazing! Wanted to ask if anyone in SoCal is rocking this beast. Who better to get a opinion from. Then the guys riding the same areas as myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    No one???

dft
    mtbr member
    i got one setup just like you mentioned and it rocks. my friend also has one and really loves it also.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dft View Post
    i got one setup just like you mentioned and it rocks. my friend also has one and really loves it also.
    Are you running single or 2x10 chainring?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bert vega View Post
    So I am thinking of getting one. Setup for DH 8" with dual crown and still pedal amazing! Wanted to ask if anyone in SoCal is rocking this beast. Who better to get a opinion from. Then the guys riding the same areas as myself.
    Looks like a sweet frame all right. I'd be tempted to put a 180mm single crown on it, and a 2X10 drivetrain.
    I did something similar with a 7" travel single pivot I have. Threw a Lyrik 170 w/20mm thru-axle on it, and the thing does it's darndest to get me to do stupid stuff while I'm riding it. And it still climbs and pedals very well. I gotta be careful with that joker....something intrinsically dangerous to a bike that can handle serious drops and still be easy to pedal on 20 mile rides.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

dft
    mtbr member
    i am running it singlering

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hi.

In week or two I will get my Canfield The One. Now I am looking parts on it. First I thought to buy Fox 36 Van but now I consider of some dual crown (fox 40 coil or Marzocchi 888). My guestion is: Is it good to pedal stil becaue moust of the time I driving am style and flat forest paths? Weight is not problem for me. Im a heavy guye 245lb. I like more visual of dual crown too. And what would be the best dc coil fork for me? Maybe give some advice for headet too?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos23 View Post
    Hi.

In week or two I will get my Canfield The One. Now I am looking parts on it. First I thought to buy Fox 36 Van but now I consider of some dual crown (fox 40 coil or Marzocchi 888). My guestion is: Is it good to pedal stil becaue moust of the time I driving am style and flat forest paths? Weight is not problem for me. Im a heavy guye 245lb. I like more visual of dual crown too. And what would be the best dc coil fork for me? Maybe give some advice for headet too?

Thanks!
    I personally don't own a one, wish I did, but I live in Washington and have had the chance to meet and talk with the brothers them selves. They run dual crowns on their ones and it doesn't effect pedaling that much. They pedal them on anything and up hour long fire road ascents. Also for a headset I know a lot of people like the Cane Creek Angleset.

Glad to Be Alive
    I have rode one set up for XC mode (28 pounds)and it rode better then my stumpjumper...also rode one with an 888 ti and Crane creek...butter travel and still pedals really well...you will be happy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Canfield The One-2013-07-24-13.08.18small.jpgI ride my canfield one all over Socal. Its my trail bike, my other bike is a full dh rig.

saint cranks, maxxis exo DH tires, cane creek coil, fox 40 air, xx1, carbon 785 mm bars, 34 lbs all in

you certainly are not going to feel like you are riding uphill on s-works EPIC 29er or similar, but I only really care about downhill.

It rides OK uphill in my config, good enough to ride up even the steep / tricky technical uphill sections.... certainly no reason to push it uphill ever if you are fit enough.

and then it rides pretty close to a full DH rig on the downhill......

dft
    mtbr member
    always amazed at the light weights quoted for this bike. i have an air shock and mine weighs 39 pounds. but i have 823's and DH tires, not exo.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-24 13.08.18small.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	291.8 KB 
ID:	835631I ride my canfield one all over Socal. Its my trail bike, my other bike is a full dh rig.

saint cranks, maxxis exo DH tires, cane creek coil, fox 40 air, xx1, carbon 785 mm bars, 34 lbs all in

you certainly are not going to feel like you are riding uphill on s-works EPIC 29er or similar, but I only really care about downhill.

It rides OK uphill in my config, good enough to ride up even the steep / tricky technical uphill sections.... certainly no reason to push it uphill ever if you are fit enough.

and then it rides pretty close to a full DH rig on the downhill......

mtbr member
    May 2011
    yah no-one believes the weight on my bike, but when I challenge em to a bet no one is willing to put up money to go against it.

anyways if you are pedaling a bike uphill, the most important place to save weight is the rider, then the wheels, then the cranks/chain/casette, then the fork/shock, then the frame /seat /seatpost last, that's what my experimenting has taught me.

I had lighter tires on this one pictured above, but i kept destroying them within a few rides (700gram tires), had to move up to 900 gram to get any kind of lifespan.

your bike has a lot of weight in those 823 / full DH minions, i have exact same setup on my DH rig

mtbr member
    thats insanely light for that build. My mojo hd is about 32 with my dropper seatpost and air shocks front and rear...I'm gusesing the wheels are muc lighter than mine. How do like the 40 Air and how much does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Those are such cool bikes, i'm surprised i don't see more of them on the trails. Of course, I think my old Ellsworth joker is a cool bike too, and it pedals/climbs great as well, in spite of 7" travel, and I don't see any other Jokers out on the trail either.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops View Post
    thats insanely light for that build. My mojo hd is about 32 with my dropper seatpost and air shocks front and rear...I'm gusesing the wheels are muc lighter than mine. How do like the 40 Air and how much does it weigh?
    fox 40 air is around 2700 grams

as it comes it ships in a stupid mode, where its impossible to set sag and use all the travel

you have to set the thingie inside into non progressive mode

now its pretty good, I like it, I'm at correct sag, using all travel, etc etc

good fork.

Still prefer the marzocchi 888s though. also the fox looks better.