mtbr member
    Nov 2009

can anyone recommend trails in hemet

Can anyone recomment any trails in hemet. I have only been riding Santa rosa plateau, Diamond valley lake and city of hemet said simpson park is closed for fire season. There has to be some local trails. I just can find any maps or know anybody who can show me. So if there is anyone in Hemet I can go with or direct me to some spots

mtbr member
    If the gate at Simpson is closed there are a number of ways around via Pachea Trail and the Transcontinental. Like was mentioned before, Idyllwild is only another 20 minutes up the road. The riding there is far superior. What is your schedule like? We can meet up for a ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I haven't been mountain biking in about 7years I just recently got back into it about month or so ago and still getting into shape so I won't be blazing the trails. To give you some kind of idea what kind of shape I'm in I rode from my house to diamond valley lake and around it last wednesday and back 34 miles 4hours 52 minutesnot not counting resting. I'm off thurs,friday saturday and every other wednesday. working this wedesday and saturday I go with some guys I ride with every week from 7:00a.m. to 10:00a.m.

Ya, right.
    You can ride/walk around the gate at Simpson. It is closed to keep cars out. A city Parks & Rec employee told me this when I called about it a couple years ago.

On my first ride there doing that, I was climbing the paved road and when I passed the caretaker residence, he waved at me and said "Good Morning" and I pedaled on. So it's OK to do.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    how good is the ride at this park in Hemet, is it nice is it technical , steep climbs would like to give it a try
    Thanks

Ya, right.
    It's decent. When I lived in Hemet I rode there a lot. There's lot's of stuff out there.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    There is techy stuff out there. The place is a gem. I'll be out there at 1pm. I'll be in a white dakota. I plan on shuttling.